Teens High on Mothballs
An 18-year-old French teenage girl was admitted appearing unsteady and mentally sluggish with scaly skin on her hands and legs according to doctors. //
In addition it was found that the girl’s twin sister displayed similar, but less severe, symptoms. Doctors were puzzled because there appeared t...
Health Hazards in Household Cleaners Exposed
...mental Health Perspectives . Benzene and acetone are two commonly used VOCs. The volatile organic compound known as 1,4 DCB is the chemical that gives mothballs
their distinctive odor. It's also found in room deodorizers, insecticides and in urinal blocks.
While it's known that perfumes and chemical product...
Brits Experiencing Moth Trouble With Their Cashmeres
...are ten ways to keep your clothes from becoming a moth meal.
Moth Balls: Soaked with a noxious cocktail of chemical insecticide and deodorant, mothballs
are the traditional way of dealing with the household moth. Soaked in naphalene they emit a gas poisonous to moths and their larvae.
Mothballs in Medical Dictionary
...tions, safety concerns, and effectiveness. Camphor preparations should not be applied to badly burned or open wounds nor ... Using camphor mothballs
as an insect repellant in gardens contaminates the soil ... Find products and compare prices at TheFind.com. Shop online for thousands of great it...
Mothballs in Biological News
Chemical in many air fresheners may reduce lung function
... New research shows that a chemical compound found in many air fresheners, toilet bowl cleaners, mothballs
and other deodorizing products, may be harmful to the lungs. Human population studies at the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEH...