Initially approved in November 2002, over 10 million prescriptions have been written for aripiprazole in the U.S.(5)
Aripiprazole is available by prescription only. Aripiprazole is available in tablets, orally disintegrating tablets, oral solution, and injection for intramuscular use.
Patients should talk to their healthcare professional for more information about aripiprazole.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION:
Elderly patients with dementia-related psychosis treated with atypical antipsychotic drugs are at an increased risk (1.6 to 1.7 times) of death compared to placebo (4.5% vs 2.6%, respectively). Aripiprazole is not approved for the treatment of patients with dementia-related psychosis (see Boxed WARNING).
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS)-As with all antipsychotic medications, a rare and potentially fatal condition known as NMS has been reported with aripiprazole. NMS can cause hyperpyrexia, muscle rigidity, diaphoresis, tachycardia, irregular pulse or blood pressure, cardiac dysrhythmia, and altered mental status. If signs and symptoms appear, immediate discontinuation is recom
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Related medicine technology :
1. Phase 3 Results for Dabigatran Etexilate, an Investigational Oral Anticoagulant, Presented Today at the XXIst Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
2. An Investigational Study Released at ADA Showed that Initial Combination Therapy with Januvia (sitagliptin) and Metformin Led to Improvement in Markers of Beta Cell Function in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes
3. Late Breaking Data Released at ADA Showed that the Investigational Use of Januvia and Metformin as Initial Combination Therapy Provided Significant Glucose Lowering Efficacy over 54 Weeks in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes
4. Investigational Study Demonstrated a Re-Establishment of Clinical Improvement with Orencia (Abatacept) in Children with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis upon Re-Introduction of Therapy
5. Mercks Investigational Migraine Treatment MK-0974 Significantly Improved Migraine Pain on Several Efficacy Measures in a Phase II Study
6. Data Demonstrated Metastatic Melanoma Response to Investigational Immunotherapy Ipilimumab
7. Investigational Drug Cediranib (AZD2171) Shows Promise in Patients With Recurrent Glioblastoma (GBM)
8. Additional New Data from Satraplatin SPARC Phase 3 Investigational Trial Presented at ASCO Annual Meeting
9. Additional New Data from Satraplatin SPARC Phase 3 Investigational Trial Presented at ASCO Annual Meeting
10. Investigational Cancer Drug Pertuzumab Shows Promising Results in Advanced Breast Cancer When Combined with Herceptin
11. Shire Announces Positive Results of Studies With Guanfacine Extended Release, An Investigational Nonstimulant Medication Filed for the Treatment of ADHD in Children and Adolescents