SAN DIEGO, May 14, 2007 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Shire plc , the market leader in treatments for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), announced that it will present key scientific data on its ADHD treatment portfolio at the American Psychiatric Association (APA) annual meeting to be held May 19 to 24 in San Diego.
"The upcoming clinical research to be presented at APA reaffirms Shire's commitment to understanding the science of ADHD treatment," said Eliseo Salinas, Chief Scientific Officer and Executive Vice President, Global R&D. "We are looking forward to sharing new scientific data from clinical trials involving our ADHD portfolio of treatments with the medical community."
Shire's portfolio of ADHD treatments includes VYVANSE(TM) (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate), the first prodrug stimulant, which is planned to launch 2Q 2007, DAYTRANA(TM) (methylphenidate transdermal system), the first and only ADHD patch, and ADDERALL XR(R) (mixed salts of a single-entity amphetamine product), a long-acting formulated stimulant. Additional ADHD treatments under development by Shire include SPD465 (triple-bead mixed amphetamine salts) and SPD503 (guanfacine HCl extended release).
A summary of the key scientific presentations is provided below. Information about the data presentations mentioned in this release is embargoed until the respective presentation sessions have taken place at the APA annual meeting.
VYVANSE (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate): May 23, 2007; 3:00 p.m. PDT (6:00 p.m. EDT) Long-Term Effectiveness and Safety of Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate (LDX) in Children Aged 6 to 12 Years With Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder APA Poster# NR739 May 23, 2007; 3:00 p.m. PDT (6:00 p.m. EDT) Improved Interpatient Pharmacokinetic Variability of Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate Compared With Mixed Amphetamine Salts Extended Release (MAS XR)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Related medicine technology :
1. Shire Announces Positive Results of Studies With Guanfacine Extended Release, An Investigational Nonstimulant Medication Filed for the Treatment of ADHD in Children and Adolescents
2. The Past, Present and Future of HLA Typing
3. Phase 3 Results for Dabigatran Etexilate, an Investigational Oral Anticoagulant, Presented Today at the XXIst Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
4. Neose Announces Presentation of Positive Preclinical Data on GlycoPEGylated Factor VIIa at the XXI Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
5. Inspiration Biopharmaceuticals Presents Data From Hemophilia Program at International Society On Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) Annual Meeting
6. Halozyme Therapeutics Enhanze Technology Large Protein Molecule Therapeutic Clinical Trial Results Presented at the 34th Annual Meeting of the Controlled Release Society
7. Generex Biotechnology to Make Presentations At 46th Annual Meeting of the European Society of Pediatric Endocrinology
8. Auxilium Pharmaceuticals to Present at the 2007 CEUT Emerging Growth Opportunities Conference
9. ViaCell to Present at the C.E. Unterberg, Towbin Emerging Growth Opportunities Conference
10. Accelrys to Present to Investors at C.E. Unterberg Emerging Growth Opportunities Conference
11. Metabasis to Present at C.E. Unterberg, Towbin Emerging Growth Conference and Attend Pacific Growth Equities Conference