AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. It is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies with healthcare sales of $26.47 billion and leading positions in sales of gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, neuroscience, respiratory, oncology and infection products. AstraZeneca is listed in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (Global) as well as the FTSE4Good Index.
In the United States, AstraZeneca is a $12.44 billion healthcare business with more than 12,000 employees. For nearly three decades, AstraZeneca has offered drug assistance programs side by side with its medicines, and over the past five years, has provided over $3 billion in savings to more than 1 million patients throughout the US and Puerto Rico. AstraZeneca has been named one of the "100 Best Companies for Working Mothers" by Working Mother magazine and is the only large pharmaceutical company named to FORTUNE magazine's 2007 list of "100 Best Companies to Work For." In 2006, for the fifth consecutive year, Science magazine named AstraZeneca a "Top Employer" on its ranking of the world's most respected biopharmaceutical employers.
For more information about AstraZeneca, please visit: http://www.astrazeneca-us.com .
The statements herein include forward-looking statements. By their nature, forward-looking statements and forecasts involve risk and uncertainty. For a discussion of those risks and uncertainties please see the company's Annual Report/Form 20-F for 2006.
References: (1) C Schulz, R Kahn, V Palazov, E Reyes, D Meulien, M Brecher, O Svensson, HM Andersson. "Efficacy of Once-Daily Extended Release Quetiapine Fumarate in Patients with Acute Schizophrenia." Annual Meeting of the American Psychiatric Association, 2007
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Related medicine technology :
1. Data Available From Erbitux Phase III Study in First-Line Treatment of Advanced Lung Cancer
2. Clinical Study Shows Regenecare Relieves Pain and Itching of Skin Rashes Caused by Widely Used Cancer Drugs
3. Cell Therapeutics, Inc. Management to Discuss Todays Announcement of Interim Pixantrone Study Results
4. Biofrontera AG Announces Clinical Study Confirms Excellent Efficacy of BF-200 ALA In Actinic Keratosis
5. Reaction to Avandia Warnings Stronger Among Internists Than Endocrinologists, According to Study by GfK Market Measures
6. Portola Pharmaceuticals Announces Positive Data from a Phase II Study of its Factor Xa Inhibitor at the XXI Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
7. Actemra (tocilizumab) Third Phase III Study Results Show Significant Improvement in Symptoms of Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis
8. Protox Announces Positive Clinical Data from Prostate Cancer Study
9. International ENDORSE Study Shows That the Majority of Hospitalized Patients Surveyed are at Risk for VTE and Many do not Receive Recommended VTE prophylaxis
10. New Study Shows That Extending Prophylaxis With Clexane / Lovenox (enoxaparin Sodium Injection) to 5 Weeks is More Effective Than 10 Days for Reducing the Risk of Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) in Acutely ill Medical Patients With Reduced Mobility
11. Genzyme Announces Data from First Phase 3 Study of Tolevamer in Patients with C. difficile Associated Diarrhea