The most common adverse events occurring with MICARDIS tablets monotherapy at a rate of 1% and greater than placebo, respectively, were: upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) (7%, 6%), back pain (3%, 1%), sinusitis (3%, 2%), diarrhea (3%, 2%), and pharyngitis (1%, 0%). Post-market adverse reactions include bradycardia, eosinophilia, thrombocytopenia, uric acid increase, abnormal hepatic function/liver disorder and renal impairment including acute renal failure, anemia and increased creatine phosphokinase.
About Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., based in Ridgefield, CT, is the largest U.S. subsidiary of Boehringer Ingelheim Corporation (Ridgefield, CT) and a member of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies.
The Boehringer Ingelheim group is one of the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical companies. Headquartered in Ingelheim, Germany, it operates globally with 137 affiliates in 47 countries and approximately 38,400 employees. Since it was founded in 1885, the family-owned company has been committed to researching, developing, manufacturing and marketing novel products of high therapeutic value for human and veterinary medicine.
In 2006, Boehringer Ingelheim posted net sales of US $13.3 billion (10.6 billion euro) while spending approximately one-fifth of net sales in its largest business segment, Prescription Medicines, on research and development.
For more information, please visit http://us.boehringer-ingelheim.com. References (1) Burgess E et al. Efficacy of telmisartan compared with losartan in reducing proteinuria in hypertensive type 2 diabetic patients with overt nephropathy. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the European
Page: 1 2 3 4
Related medicine technology :
1. Phase 3 Results for Dabigatran Etexilate, an Investigational Oral Anticoagulant, Presented Today at the XXIst Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
2. Halozyme Therapeutics Enhanze Technology Large Protein Molecule Therapeutic Clinical Trial Results Presented at the 34th Annual Meeting of the Controlled Release Society
3. Positive ZIO-201 Interim Phase II Sarcoma Data Presented at European Society for Medical Oncology
4. Clinical Data From Nymox BPH Drug To Be Presented at American Urological Association Meeting
5. The European Myeloma Platform Reports New Survival data for Revlimid Presented at the International Myeloma Workshop in Greece
6. ZIO-101 (Darinaparsin) Interim Phase II and Preclinical Data Presented at International Myeloma Workshop
7. Nymox Announces NX-1207 Data to Be Presented at Upcoming U.S. Urology Meetings
8. MEDIA ADVISORY: Subsets of Landmark Diabetes Trials Investigating MacroVascular Outcomes Presented at the American Diabetes Association 67th Scientific Sessions
9. Nymox Announces NX-1207 Data to Be Presented at Upcoming U.S. Urology Meetings
10. ConjuChem Biotechnologies Reports PC-DAC:Exendin-4 Albumin Conjugate Data Presented at American Diabetes Association Annual Meeting
11. Data Presented at SLEEP 2007 Shows VEC-162 Improves Sleep Onset and Maintenance vs. Placebo