"Rates of termination of treatment were similar, with and without antidepressants, further supporting the relative safety of AZILECT(R) (rasagiline tablets) combined with antidepressants," said Dr. Panisset. "Twenty four percent of the total number of AZILECT treated PD patients were also taking antidepressants. Seeing this apparent lack of serotonin toxicity is important."
According to the US prescribing information the exposure during development, both in dose and number of subjects was not adequate to rule out the possibility of an untoward reaction from combining AZILECT with antidepressants. Other MAO-B inhibitors are labeled similarly.
AZILECT is indicated for the treatment of the signs and symptoms of Parkinson's disease (PD) both as initial therapy alone and to be added to levodopa later in the disease. The effectiveness of AZILECT was shown in patients with early PD who were receiving AZILECT as initial therapy alone and who were not receiving any other PD therapy. The effectiveness of AZILECT as adjunct therapy was shown in patients with PD who were treated with levodopa.
-- You should not take AZILECT if you are currently taking meperidine as it could possibly result in a serious reaction such as coma or death. -- You should not take AZILECT with tramadol, methadone, propoxyphene, dextromethorphan, St. John's wort, mirtazapine, or cyclobenzaprine. -- You should not take AZILECT with other monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), amphetamines, cold remedies containing dec
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Related medicine technology :
1. Phase 3 Results for Dabigatran Etexilate, an Investigational Oral Anticoagulant, Presented Today at the XXIst Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
2. Neose Announces Presentation of Positive Preclinical Data on GlycoPEGylated Factor VIIa at the XXI Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
3. Inspiration Biopharmaceuticals Presents Data From Hemophilia Program at International Society On Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) Annual Meeting
4. Portola Pharmaceuticals Announces Positive Data from a Phase II Study of its Factor Xa Inhibitor at the XXI Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
5. International ENDORSE Study Shows That the Majority of Hospitalized Patients Surveyed are at Risk for VTE and Many do not Receive Recommended VTE prophylaxis
6. Suven Life Sciences Presenting Pre-clinical data of their NCE’s SUVN-502 and SUVN-507at International Brain Research Organization (IBRO) 2007 World Congress of Neuroscience
7. Nuvelo Announces Presentations on rNAPc2 and NU172 at the XXIst Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
8. Portola Pharmaceuticals Announces Positive Phase II EXPERT Results and Additional Oral and Poster Presentations at the XXI Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH)
9. Labopharm to Present Poster on Dose Titration of Once-daily Tramadol at 3rd International Forum on Pain Medicine
10. The European Myeloma Platform Reports New Survival data for Revlimid Presented at the International Myeloma Workshop in Greece
11. The International Myeloma Foundation Says Data Reported at a Global Medical Meeting in Greece Demonstrates Improved Survival for a Wide Range of Myeloma Patients