» The vaccine is produced by SSI and contains Intercell’s adjuvant IC31™
The project which is supported by the European Union aims to
replace the available TB vaccine “BCG”/“Calmette vaccine” or to
boost its activity in adults.
COPENHAGEN, Vienna, March 14, 2007 – Statens Serum Institut (SSI) and Intercell announced today that their collaborative novel tuberculosis (TB) vaccine is safe and very immunogenic in healthy individuals in a phase I clinical trial. The preliminary data will be presented on the Keystone Symposia on Tuberculosis in Vancouver, March 24, 2007 by Prof. Peter Andersen from the SSI and April 12, 2007 at the 3rd Vienna Vaccines Conference by co-investigator Prof. Tom Ottenhoff, Leiden University Medical Center, Netherlands. Based on these results the partners will initiate a clinical trial with latent TB-infected and BCG-vaccinated individuals later in 2007.
The new H1 vaccine from SSI is a recombinant subunit vaccine based on two important TB antigens resulting from SSI’s research pipeline combined with Intercell’s proprietary adjuvant IC31™. The phase I clinical trial was performed at the Department of Infectious Diseases (headed by Prof. Jaap van Dissel) at Leiden University Medical Center in the Netherlands and was supported by the European Union–funded program “TB-VAC”.
Related medicine technology :
1. Tranzyme Pharma Presents Initial Phase IIa Data for its Novel Ghrelin Agonist, TZP-101, in Patients with Diabetic Gastroparesis
2. Anacor Identifies a Novel Mechanism for Its Lead Anti-Fungal Drug, AN2690; Findings Published in Science
3. Novelos Therapeutics Announces Encouraging Results in Ongoing Phase 2 Ovarian Cancer Trial at Dana-Farber/Partners Cancer Care
4. Prolexys Pharmaceuticals and Columbia University Researchers Publish Study on Anti-Tumor Properties of a Selective Small Molecule Anti-Tumor Agent With Novel Mechanism of Action
5. Algeta Demonstrates Targeted Cancer-killing Potential of Novel Alpha Particle Linked Antibodies in Leading Medical Journal Blood
6. Novel Mechanism Insights and Additional Data on CombinatoRx Drug Candidates to Be Presented at Upcoming EULAR Meeting
7. Roxro Pharma’s Novel Intranasal Pain Reliever Effective, Well Tolerated in Phase 3 Study
8. Anacor Clinical Study of AN2728, a Novel Anti-Inflammatory Compound, Shows Efficacy in Psoriasis
9. Metabasis Therapeutics Presents Results of Preclinical Studies for MB07811, Its Novel Product Candidate for the Treatment of Hyperlipidemia, at the Endocrine Societys Annual Meeting
10. Encouraging Clinical Activity of GSKs Novel Cancer Immunotherapeutic Confirmed in Phase II Study in Patients with Most Common Form of Lung Cancer
11. Clinical Data on ARIADs Novel mTOR Inhibitor, AP23573, To Be Presented at the ASCO Annual Meeting