IRVINE, Calif., June 05, 2007 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- IDM Pharma, Inc. today presented preliminary results from a Phase II UVIDEM (IDD-3) melanoma vaccine clinical trial (DC-MEL-202). The results showed that UVIDEM was well tolerated with evidence of efficacy and induction of immune response in patients with progressive metastatic melanoma.
The data were presented by Merrick I. Ross, M.D., Professor of Surgery, Chief, Melanoma Section, Department of Surgical Oncology at The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston as an oral presentation titled "Clinical and immunological responses in patients with malignant melanoma treated with a dendritic cell-based vaccine. Preliminary report from a multi- institutional phase II clinical trial" (# 3004) at the 2007 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 43rd annual meeting in Chicago.
"We are in great need of new drugs to treat our patients with metastatic melanoma" said Dr. Ross. "The preliminary analysis of the phase II clinical trial with IDM Pharma's cancer vaccine, UVIDEM, suggests that several patients with advanced melanoma attained durable control of their disease after a treatment stimulating their own immune system cells. Additionally, the side effects experienced by our patients were minimal," he added.
Study design and findings
DC-MEL-202 is a single arm, two-stage Phase II trial designed to evaluate clinical and immunological activities and the safety of a multivalent dendritic cell-based vaccine in patients with in-transit or low volume metastatic melanoma. Thirty-three patients were treated in the study and the results to date are as follows:
-- Clinical response (RECIST): out of 30 patients evaluable for efficacy, 9 (30%) showed evidence of clinical benefit (1 complete re
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Related medicine technology :
1. Sygnis Pharma AG announces date for presentation of clinical results
2. BioSante Pharmaceuticals Announces New Findings for Potential Bird Flu Vaccine
3. Portola Pharmaceuticals Announces Positive Data from a Phase II Study of its Factor Xa Inhibitor at the XXI Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
4. Manhattan Pharmaceuticals Announces Results of Phase 2a Studies for Oral Oleoyl-estrone
5. AVI BioPharma Partner Cook Medical Announces Completion of Patient Enrollment for APPRAISAL Phase II Clinical Trial for Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease
6. Auxilium Pharmaceuticals to Present at the 2007 CEUT Emerging Growth Opportunities Conference
7. Sunesis Pharmaceuticals to Present at the C. E. Unterberg, Towbin Emerging Growth Conference
8. EPIX Pharmaceuticals to Present at the C.E. Unterberg, Towbin Emerging Growth Opportunities Conference
9. Array BioPharma to Present at the C.E Unterbeg, Towbin Emerging Growth Conference
10. AM-Pharma Announces Positive Results of Phase IIa Clinical Trial with Alkaline Phosphatase For Ulcerative Colitis
11. TransPharma Medical Announces Positive Results of Phase I Clinical Trials for Transdermal Delivery of hPTH (1-34) for Osteoporosis Treatment