The chief investigator was Seibu Mochizuki, M.D., PhD, Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Jikei University School of Medicine, and the joint chief investigator was Bjorn Dahlof, Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Goteborg Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sweden.
The Jikei University School of Medicine
The Jikei University School of Medicine has its origins in the Sei-I-Kwai Koshujo (Medical Training School), the precursor to the University, which was founded in 1881 by Kenehiro Takaki. It is the oldest medical school in Japan. The Jikei University School of Medicine is currently positioned as one of the four educational institutions operated by the University, consisting of the Faculty of Medicine, the Medical Research department of the graduate school, four University hospitals, a clinic and the Research Center for Medical Sciences. At the four University hospitals there are approximately 2,600 beds and approximately 7,500 outpatients visit daily, making them the largest university hospitals in Japan.
In education, research and medical care, the Jikei University School of Medicine always adopts the founding spirit of Kanehiro Takaki of treating patients as human beings suffering from an illness, rather than examining them as research material. The University also devotes itself to the promotion of clinical research, of which Takaki is said to be the originator.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Related medicine technology :
1. Data Available From Erbitux Phase III Study in First-Line Treatment of Advanced Lung Cancer
2. Pixantrone Combination Therapy for First-line Treatment of Aggressive Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma Results in Reduction in Severe Toxicities Including Heart Damage When Compared to Doxorubicin-based Therapy
3. Genzyme Announces Data from First Phase 3 Study of Tolevamer in Patients with C. difficile Associated Diarrhea
4. Ablynx Announces Interim Results of First Nanobody Phase I Study of ALX-0081 (ANTI-VWF)
5. Advanced Life Sciences Announces Supplemental Efficacy Data from First Pivotal Phase 3 Pneumonia Clinical Trial
6. Advanced Life Sciences to Host Conference Call to Discuss Data From Cethromycins First of Two Phase 3 Pneumonia Trials
7. First Phase II Short-Term Study on Dapagliflozin Shows Results on Safety, Tolerability and Glycemic Markers in Subjects With Type 2 Diabetes
8. Advanced Cell Technology Develops First Human Embryonic Stem Cell Line without Destroying an Embryo
9. First Demonstration of nanoImmunology: a Nanomaterials-based Therapeutic Approach to Treat Allergy
10. First single breast cancer study to show significant survival benefit for women switching from tamoxifen to Arimidex
11. Mymetics HIV Vaccine Demonstrates First-Ever Production of Neutralizing IgA Antibodies in Non-Human Primate Model