CHAPEL HILL, N.C., May 25, 2007 /PRNewswire/ -- With enormous investments and the success of a pharmaceutical product at play, pharmaceutical firms need to develop effective strategies for communicating clinical trial results early. Companies that master their communication planning and execution will gain a significant advantage in the marketplace.
According to research and consulting firm Best Practices, LLC, successful companies create communication plans long before the interim or final results for a landmark trial are available. For example, one surveyed company establishes its integrated communication strategy as early as Phase I. In addition, leading companies also develop early scenario planning for good, bad, neutral and most likely study results.
"From Breakthrough to Blockbuster: Best Practices in Communicating Clinical Trial Results" - available with a complimentary study excerpt at http://www3.best-in-class.com/rr805.htm - examines the most effective practices for communicating clinical trial results to physicians, the managed care community, investors and consumers.
The extensive report includes over 100 best practices, metrics and narratives; a clinical communication toolkit that can help executives with the development of a communication plan or activity checklist to prepare for post- launch communication tactics. Study findings include:
-- Communicating to Physicians: 60% of benchmarked pharmaceutical companies begin communicating to physicians more than six months prior to the drug launch. However, executives also warn that too early communication might trigger the opposite. -- Communicating to Managed Care Organizations: The information requirements are significantly different from the needs of physicians, because in addition to drug indication
Page: 1 2 3
Related medicine technology :
1. Genetic Analysis Systems Enter the Clinical Mainstream
2. Clinical Study Shows Regenecare Relieves Pain and Itching of Skin Rashes Caused by Widely Used Cancer Drugs
3. Large Geographic Differences in EpiPen Prescriptions in the U.S., From the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
4. Clinical Data Suggest Decreased Bleeding Risk in People With Severe Hemophilia A While Maintaining Factor VIII Levels Above One Percent
5. Biofrontera AG Announces Clinical Study Confirms Excellent Efficacy of BF-200 ALA In Actinic Keratosis
6. Halozyme Therapeutics Enhanze Technology Large Protein Molecule Therapeutic Clinical Trial Results Presented at the 34th Annual Meeting of the Controlled Release Society
7. Corgenix Reports New Clinical Data Correlating AtherOx Technology With Vascular Disease
8. AVI BioPharma Partner Cook Medical Announces Completion of Patient Enrollment for APPRAISAL Phase II Clinical Trial for Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease
9. Protox Announces Positive Clinical Data from Prostate Cancer Study
10. AM-Pharma Announces Positive Results of Phase IIa Clinical Trial with Alkaline Phosphatase For Ulcerative Colitis
11. Cougar Biotechnology Announces Presentation of Positive CB7630 Clinical Data at ESMO Conference