Steve Porter, Ceragenix's Chairman and CEO stated, "We are very pleased with these results. We have just demonstrated that EpiCeram(TM) is comparable to a mid strength steroid in treating the symptoms of atopic dermatitis after a 28 day treatment regimen. We believe that EpiCeram has the potential to become the foundation of a new and improved paradigm in the treatment of this common childhood skin disorder which affects over 15 million Americans."
The study was an investigator-blinded, randomized controlled study conducted at five centers which evaluated a total of 113 patients in two groups of children (ages 6 months to 18 years) with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis treated with either Cutivate(R) Cream, a mid-potency topical steroid, or EpiCeram(TM). The study was primarily conducted during the winter months of December ('06), January ('07) and February ('07).
Primary and Secondary Outcome Measures.
According to the protocol, the primary outcome measure was the change in mean SCORAD score measured at Day 28 as compared to the baseline. The protocol's secondary efficacy parameters were: -0-
a) Percentage of subjects reaching clear or almost clear on Investigator's Global Assessment (IGA) at Day 28; b) Change in patient reported assessments of pruritus (itch); and c) Change in patient reported assessment of disturbance of
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Related medicine technology :
1. Ceragenix Compound Shows Promise for Treating Lethal Cystic Fibrosis Infections
2. Ceragenix Announces New Publication of Scientific Research on Ceragenin Technology
3. Ceragenix Announces Ceragenins Virtually Prevent Catheter Biofilm Formation in 21 Day Study
4. Antisoma Announces Further Data From ASA404 Ovarian Cancer Trial
5. Neose Announces Presentation of Positive Preclinical Data on GlycoPEGylated Factor VIIa at the XXI Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
6. Biofrontera AG Announces Clinical Study Confirms Excellent Efficacy of BF-200 ALA In Actinic Keratosis
7. YM BioSciences Announces Secondary Efficacy and Safety Findings in Randomized Phase IIB Aerolef Trial
8. BioSante Pharmaceuticals Announces New Findings for Potential Bird Flu Vaccine
9. Portola Pharmaceuticals Announces Positive Data from a Phase II Study of its Factor Xa Inhibitor at the XXI Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
10. Manhattan Pharmaceuticals Announces Results of Phase 2a Studies for Oral Oleoyl-estrone
11. AVI BioPharma Partner Cook Medical Announces Completion of Patient Enrollment for APPRAISAL Phase II Clinical Trial for Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease