LIALDA is generally well tolerated. The majority of adverse events in the double-blind, placebo-controlled trials were mild or moderate in severity. In clinical trials (n=535), the most common treatment-related adverse events with LIALDA 2.4g/day, 4.8g/day and placebo were headache (5.6 percent, 3.4 percent and 0.6 percent, respectively) and flatulence (four percent, 2.8 percent and 2.8 percent, respectively). Pancreatitis occurred in less than one percent of patients during clinical trials and resulted in discontinuation of therapy with LIALDA.
Shire's strategic goal is to become the leading specialty biopharmaceutical company that focuses on meeting the needs of the specialist physician. Shire focuses its business on attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), human genetic therapies (HGT), gastrointestinal (GI) and renal diseases. The structure is sufficiently flexible to allow Shire to target new therapeutic areas to the extent opportunities arise through acquisitions. Shire believes that a carefully selected portfolio of products with a strategically aligned and relatively small-scale sales force will deliver strong results.
Shire's focused strategy is to develop and market products for specialty physicians. Shire's in-licensing, merger and acquisition efforts are focused on products in niche markets with strong intellectual property protection either in the US or Europe.
For further information on Shire, please visit the Company's website: http://www.shire.com.
For media inquiries please contact: Media Ashleigh Duchene (GolinHarris) +1 312 729 4428
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Related medicine technology :
1. Genetic Analysis Systems Enter the Clinical Mainstream
2. Blood Gas Analysis: The Pros and Cons of Point-Of-Care Testing
3. Interim Analysis of Crinone Pregnancy Study to Be Published in American Society for Reproductive Medicine Journal
4. Arterial Plaque Significantly Reduced in Women Age 50-59 Taking Hormones, Says New Analysis of Womens Health Initiative Data
5. New Analysis of WHI Data Shows Reduced Levels of Coronary Artery Calcification, a Predictor of Cardiovascular Events, in Women aged 50-59 taking Estrogen Therapy
6. Haemacure Announces Preliminary Findings of its Plasma Discard Analysis
7. Further Statistical Analysis of the Recent Phase III trial on Lead Product M6G Shows Additional Benefits
8. Poniard Pharmaceuticals Announces Promising Data From Interim Safety Analysis of Phase 1 Combination Trials of Picoplatin in Colorectal and Prostate Cancers
9. ARRIVE Registry Analysis Identifies Predictors of Stent Thrombosis in Real-World Use of Drug-Eluting Stents
10. Cypher Sirolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent Had Similar Results to Bypass Surgery and Better Outcomes Than Bare Metal Stents in Subgroup Analysis of Diabetic Patients With Multivessel Coronary Disease
11. New Analysis of Data Shows Treatment With Abbotts Humira (Adalimumab) Significantly Reduced Disease-Related Hospitalization for Patients with Crohns Disease