SAN DIEGO, June 19, 2007 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. today announced that data featuring its approved diabetes drugs, BYETTA(R) (exenatide) injection and SYMLIN(R) (pramlintide acetate) injection, and its pipeline candidates will be presented at the American Diabetes Association's (ADA) 67th Annual Scientific Sessions being held in Chicago, IL from June 22 to 26. The company will also host an investor presentation during the meeting that will be available by webcast. ADA is one of the largest scientific meetings for endocrinologists and other health care professionals involved in diabetes research and delivery of diabetes care.
Data from several studies will be highlighted in oral presentations and poster sessions that will provide insight into Amylin's approved diabetes drugs, BYETTA and SYMLIN and the company's research and development programs. Additional information will also be presented during two symposia focused on the multihormonal approach to treatment of diabetes and obesity, and the role of incretin-based therapies in type 2 diabetes.
"Our activities at this year's ADA will reinforce the important therapeutic benefits of BYETTA and SYMLIN and focus on novel peptide hormones and their potential to treat obesity," said Daniel M. Bradbury, President and Chief Executive Officer of Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. "We are dedicated to bringing innovative medicines with life-changing therapeutic potential to patients. Our broad clinical program is designed to continue transforming the care of diabetes and obesity."
KEY AMYLIN ABSTRACTS BEING PRESENTED AT ADA: 1. Oral: "Less Hypoglycemia with Exenatide Versus Insulin Glargine, Despite Similar HbA1c Improvement in Patients with T2DM Adjunctively Treated with Metformin" will be presented by Michael E. Trautmann, M.D. on Sunday, June 24 at 3:45 PM CT (4:45 PM ET). 2. Oral:
Page: 1 2 3 4
Related medicine technology :
1. BioSante Pharmaceuticals Announces New Findings for Potential Bird Flu Vaccine
2. Portola Pharmaceuticals Announces Positive Data from a Phase II Study of its Factor Xa Inhibitor at the XXI Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
3. Manhattan Pharmaceuticals Announces Results of Phase 2a Studies for Oral Oleoyl-estrone
4. Auxilium Pharmaceuticals to Present at the 2007 CEUT Emerging Growth Opportunities Conference
5. Sunesis Pharmaceuticals to Present at the C. E. Unterberg, Towbin Emerging Growth Conference
6. EPIX Pharmaceuticals to Present at the C.E. Unterberg, Towbin Emerging Growth Opportunities Conference
7. Pro-Pharmaceuticals Updates Progress of Clinical Trials & Davanat 505 (b)(2) Filings
8. Cosmo Pharmaceuticals Reports Positive Preliminary Phase II/III Data with Rifamycin MMX in Infectious Diarrhea
9. Portola Pharmaceuticals Announces Positive Phase II EXPERT Results and Additional Oral and Poster Presentations at the XXI Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH)
10. Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals Announces Results of Phase II Seliciclib Combination Studies
11. Arisaph Pharmaceuticals Announces Results of its Potent Smart DPP-4 Inhibitor, ARI-2243, at the ADA