KADIAN(R) capsules are available in eight strengths: 10 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg, 50 mg, 60 mg, 80 mg, 100 mg and 200 mg. The 100 mg and 200 mg capsules are for use in opioid-tolerant patients only. KADIAN(R) offers flexible dosing and administration options that allow physicians to fine-tune titration schedules and tailor treatment for individual patient needs.
KADIAN(R) capsules may be expected to have additive effects when used in conjunction with alcohol, other opioids, or illicit drugs that cause central nervous system depression because respiratory depression, hypotension and profound sedation or coma may result.
KADIAN(R) side effects are generally consistent with those found with other opioids. The most common include drowsiness, constipation, nausea, dizziness and anxiety. Serious adverse reactions that may be associated with KADIAN(R) include respiratory depression, respiratory arrest, circulatory depression, cardiac arrest, low blood pressure and/or shock.
KADIAN(R) capsules contain an opioid agonist which is a Schedule II controlled substance. KADIAN(R) has an abuse liability similar to other opioids. This should be considered when prescribing or dispensing KADIAN(R).
For complete prescribing information, visit www.KADIAN.com.
Alpharma Inc. is a global specialty pharmaceutical company with leadership positions in products for humans and animals. Alpharma is presently active in more than 60 countries. Alpharma has a growing branded pharmaceutical franchise in the chronic pain market with its morphine-based extended release KADIAN(R) product. In addition, Alpharma is among the world's leading producers of several specialty pharmaceutical-grade bulk antibiotics and is internationally recognized as a leading provider of pharmaceutical products for poultry and livestock.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Related medicine technology :
1. Inspiration Biopharmaceuticals Presents Data From Hemophilia Program at International Society On Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) Annual Meeting
2. European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) Presents Data from the Clinical Trial of MediGenes Cancer-Killing Virus in Press Conference
3. Cytogen Presents Phase 1 Data Showing Promising Antitumor Activity and Safety Profile of Quadramet at International Myeloma Workshop
4. SemBioSys Presents Positive Insulin Data at the American Diabetes Association Conference
5. Tranzyme Pharma Presents Initial Phase IIa Data for its Novel Ghrelin Agonist, TZP-101, in Patients with Diabetic Gastroparesis
6. Novagali Pharma Presents at AACO the Results of its Pivotal Phase III Clinical Trial of Vekacia in Children Suffering From Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis
7. BioLife Solutions Presents Data on CryoStor at International Society for Cellular Therapy Annual Meeting
8. Genaera Presents Preclinical Data on Trodusquemine (MSI-1436) for the Treatment of Obesity at the American Diabetes Association 67th Scientific Session
9. Elixir Pharmaceuticals Presents Preclinical Data Highlighting Its Ghrelin Antagonist Program at the American Diabetes Associations Annual Meeting
10. DiObex Presents Phase 2a Data of DIO-902 Demonstrating Trends of Improved Glycemic Control and Significant Reductions of LDL-Cholesterol and C-Reactive Protein
11. BioCryst Presents Phase I Peramivir Data at the Options for the Control of Influenza Conference