ESC and AHA/ACC guidelines recommend a daily anti-platelet regimen for at least one month after bare-metal stent implantation, and six months after TAXUS drug-eluting stent implantation, and ideally up to 12 months in patients who are not at high risk of bleeding. The TAXUS Express Stent Directions For Use (DFU) recommends six months of dual antiplatelet therapy.
Boston Scientific is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and marketer of medical devices whose products are used in a broad range of interventional medical specialties. For more information, please visit: http://www.bostonscientific.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements. Boston Scientific wishes to caution the reader of this press release that actual results may differ from those discussed in the forward-looking statements and may be adversely affected by, among other things, risks associated with product development and commercialization, clinical trials, intellectual property, regulatory approvals, competitive offerings, integration of acquired companies, Boston Scientific's overall business strategy, and other factors described in Boston Scientific's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
CONTACT: Paul Donovan 508-650-8541 (office) 508-667-5165 (mobile) Media Relations Boston Scientific Corporation Dan Brennan 508-650-8538 (office) 617-459-2703 (mobile) Investor Relations
Page: 1 2 3 4
Related medicine technology :
1. Two-Year Patient Registry Results Support Safety and Efficacy of Cypher Sirolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent in Real World Uses
2. REACH Registry Demonstrates That Multiple Arterial Disease Locations Sharply Increase the Risk of Major CV Events in Outpatients With Atherothrombosis
3. Genetic Analysis Systems Enter the Clinical Mainstream
4. Blood Gas Analysis: The Pros and Cons of Point-Of-Care Testing
5. Interim Analysis of Crinone Pregnancy Study to Be Published in American Society for Reproductive Medicine Journal
6. Arterial Plaque Significantly Reduced in Women Age 50-59 Taking Hormones, Says New Analysis of Womens Health Initiative Data
7. New Analysis of WHI Data Shows Reduced Levels of Coronary Artery Calcification, a Predictor of Cardiovascular Events, in Women aged 50-59 taking Estrogen Therapy
8. Haemacure Announces Preliminary Findings of its Plasma Discard Analysis
9. Further Statistical Analysis of the Recent Phase III trial on Lead Product M6G Shows Additional Benefits
10. Poniard Pharmaceuticals Announces Promising Data From Interim Safety Analysis of Phase 1 Combination Trials of Picoplatin in Colorectal and Prostate Cancers
11. Cypher Sirolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent Had Similar Results to Bypass Surgery and Better Outcomes Than Bare Metal Stents in Subgroup Analysis of Diabetic Patients With Multivessel Coronary Disease