QUEBEC CITY, April 17, 2007 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - AEterna Zentaris Inc. , a global, pure play biopharmaceutical company focused on endocrine therapy and oncology, today presented an abstract outlining in vivo data for its growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) antagonist JMR-132 in breast cancer, at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting being held this week at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.
The poster #3568 "GHRH-Antagonist in Combination with Docetaxel Chemotherapy induces regression of MX-1 human experimental breast cancers," reviewed preclinical results in breast cancer for JMR-132, the Company's GHRH antagonist which binds to splice variants of the GHRH receptors found on various cancerous tumors. More specifically, the authors reported on the antitumor activity of JMR-132 in MX-1 human experimental, doxorubicin-resistant breast cancers, as well as on the anti-proliferative effect of JMR-132 in combination with docetaxel, which is frequently used for the treatment of early and metastatic breast cancer.
Binding sites were found for GHRH in the MX-1 human breast cancer cell line. The treatment of nude mice bearing MX-1 xenografts with JMR-132 at the dose of 10 (micro)g/day s.c. significantly (p<0.05) inhibited tumor growth, as shown by a 62.9% decrease in tumor volume and 47.8% reduction in tumor weight. Docetaxel at a single dose of 20 mg/kg i.p. significantly reduced tumor volume and weight by 74.1% and 58.6 %, respectively. Combination treatment with JMR-132 and docetaxel led to growth arrest of most MX-1 tumors, evidenced by an inhibition of tumor volume and weight by 97.7 %and 95.6 % respectively (p<0.001).
Conclusions - JMR-132 inhibits doxorubicin resistant in MX-1 human breast cancers
Page: 1 2 3
Related medicine technology :
1. AEterna Zentaris Partner Keryx Presents Phase 1 and Phase 2 Results for Anti-Cancer Compound Perifosine at ASCO Meeting
2. AEterna Zentaris Partner, Spectrum, Discloses Detailed Phase 2 Data for Ozarelix, in BPH at Annual AUA Meeting
3. AEterna Zentaris Discloses First In Vitro Data for its PI3K Inhibitors at the AACR Annual Meeting in Los Angeles
4. AEterna Zentaris To Present First In Vitro Data for PI3K Inhibitors and In Vivo Results for a GHRH Antagonist at the AACR Annual Meeting in Los Angeles
5. AEterna Zentaris Reports Positive Results with Cetrorelix in BPH for Japanese Phase 2a Trial
6. terna Zentaris Discloses First In Vitro Data for its PI3K Inhibitors at the AACR Annual Meeting in Los Angeles
7. Inspiration Biopharmaceuticals Presents Data From Hemophilia Program at International Society On Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) Annual Meeting
8. Halozyme Therapeutics Enhanze Technology Large Protein Molecule Therapeutic Clinical Trial Results Presented at the 34th Annual Meeting of the Controlled Release Society
9. Generex Biotechnology to Make Presentations At 46th Annual Meeting of the European Society of Pediatric Endocrinology
10. Micromet, Inc. to Present at the 3rd Annual C.E. Unterberg, Towbin Emerging Growth Conference
11. Neurologix to Present at the Third Annual C.E. Unterberg Towbin Emerging Growth Conference