MINNEAPOLIS, Oct. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Virtual Radiologic (vRad), a technology-enabled national radiology practice, has announced a premier radiology partnership with ICON Medical Imaging (ICON), the medical imaging division of ICON plc.
ICON Medical Imaging provides medical imaging-based product development services to the pharmaceutical biotechnology and medical device industries. The partnership with vRad will enable ICON Medical Imaging to access the breadth and depth of vRad's subspecialty expertise and to obtain high-quality interpretations provided by vRad's fellowship-trained radiologists.
"The extensive subspecialty expertise and broad experience of the vRad radiologists make this partnership a natural fit for ICON," said Ted Gastineau, President, ICON Medical Imaging. "As a partner, vRad offers us access to radiologists covering all subspecialties who also have the benefit of a very impressive body of clinical work, with documented quality."
The first clinical trial involving vRad launched in September, with more expected to rapidly follow. This partnership will provide a great opportunity for vRad radiologists to make an impact on advancing healthcare. The use of imaging in clinical trials has been recognized by the pharmaceutical industry to assist in measuring early results, thereby helping to shorten the timeline for bringing effective drugs to market, and saving costs and lives in the process.
"The partnership with ICON is a significant milestone for vRad, and another example of how we extend our mission—transforming radiology, and delivering efficient access to subspecialists, while meaningfully engaging our physician community," said Rob Kill, vRad Chief Executive Officer. "As the healthcare delivery system continues to evolve, we see growing demands for our technology-enabled practice. We look forward to working with ICON Medical Imaging to efficiently evaluate their clinical trials."
SOURCE Virtual Radiologic
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. CryoLife Announces Release Date and Teleconference Call Details for 2011 Third Quarter Financial Results
2. China Botanic Announces Results of Annual General Meeting
3. Encision Announces Voluntary Recall of Certain Electrode Product
4. China Medical Technologies Announces the Approval of the Renewed High and New Technology Enterprise Status for a Major Subsidiary in China
5. Anadys Announces Agreement To Be Acquired By Roche
6. Cytonome/ST, LLC Announces High-Speed Rare Event Detection Milestone
7. Pregis Announces Sale of Kobusch-Sengewald Business to an Affiliate of Sun European Partners
8. Lifebox Global Not-For-Profit Announces American Society of Anesthesiologists Joins Campaign to Improve Surgical Care in Developing Countries
9. Mindray Announces Expansion of its A Series Anesthesia Portfolio
10. Higher Mobility Announces Residential Lift Briefing Sessions for Physical Therapists, Caseworkers, Social Workers, Skilled Nurses
11. EMKinetics Announces Start of Pivotal Trial for the TranStim™ Transdermal Neuromodulation System