"I also believe nationwide insurance carriers will find additional value in documented patient case studies such as Dr. Zweibel's study," said Lawson. "Moving forward, and in the context of total patient healthcare, I hope more insurance carriers will view MCT technology as a cost-conscious way to enable superior member outcomes."
Additionally, Dr. Zweibel stated that the benefits of the MCT monitor were strengthened further through the use of eCardio's uniquely designed Academic Medicine Site (AMS). AMS enables physicians to see data quickly, be alerted to critical and serious heart rhythms, and view reports at any time of day.
According to Paul Minardi, eCardio's Vice President of Academic Medicine, AMS can be configured to the needs of each academic institution or teaching hospital based on their workflow. With AMS, they can track fellowship participation, gain confirmation from attending physicians, regenerate reports and time/date stamp each study with the user's credentials, while allowing for a code of Federal Regulations 21 part 11, HIPAA-compliant electronic signature to be placed on studies.
Minardi said, "We launched eCardio with the belief that physicians needed flexibility, speed and accuracy not only with regards to the devices monitoring their patients, but also from the standpoint of how they would receive information on those patients throughout their studies and maintain that data within their own electronic medical records."
AMS can be provided as a stand-alone tool or customized to work with a variety of EMR systems, and it is continually enhanced as feedback is gained from thousands of end users.
eCardio Diagnostics, LLC (www.ecardio.com)<
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Richard Woodyard, Vice President of Sales at eCardio, Loses Fight Against Cancer
2. eCardio Named One of Houstons Fastest Growing Technology Companies at the 2009 Houston Business Journal FastTech 50 Awards Luncheon
3. eCardio Appoints Key Member to Corporate Executive Team
4. eCardio Announces Addition to Senior Leadership Team
5. eCardio Ranked as One of Houstons Fastest Growing Companies
6. AT&T and eCardio Diagnostics Team Up to Advance Cardiac Care Through Innovative Mobile Technology
7. eCardio Diagnostics Announces Three Executive Appointments to Chief Operating Officer, Chief Technology Officer and Executive Vice President
8. eCardio Among Honorees of the Houston Business Journals Fast 100 List for Second Consecutive Year
9. Dendreon Announces Publication of Phase 1 Study Highlighting Immunologic and Clinical Activity of Lapuleucel-T (Neuvenge(R)) in Advanced Breast Cancer Patients
10. EDAP Announces Launch of Clinical Study Combining HIFU and Chemotherapy for Localized Aggressive High Risk Prostate Cancer
11. Cephalon Announces Positive Results from a Pivotal Study of FENTORA in Opioid-tolerant Patients with Non-cancer Breakthrough Pain