Commenting on today's announcement, David H. Solomon, President and Chief Executive Officer of Zealand Pharma, said:"We are extremely pleased to have signed this licence and collaboration agreement with Boehringer Ingelheim, which has recently strengthened its commitment to the important field of diabetes. ZP2929 is one of Zealand Pharma's most innovative peptide drug candidates, having shown significant pre-clinical promise for patients with Type-2 diabetes and obesity. Together with Boehringer Ingelheim, we look forward to advancing the development of ZP2929 into Phase I as part of our joint efforts to bring novel and better treatments to the market to help improve the lives of diabetes patients."
Boehringer Ingelheim's Corporate Senior Vice President Medicine, Prof Dr Klaus Dugi, commented: "Our focus to develop innovative diabetes treatments is reinforced by the in-licensing of a very interesting compound from Zealand Pharma which complements Boehringer Ingelheim's pipeline in diabetes and metabolic diseases very well. With our first diabetes treatment linagliptin recently approved by the FDA, we have a manifest for Boehringer Ingelheim's own research strength and its capability to bring novel medication to the patients. We are therefore pleased to bundle our R&D experience with Zealand Pharma for further projects in diabetes and obesity."
Zealand Pharma's financial outl
SOURCE Zealand Pharma A/S
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. NxStage® Advances Global Growth Strategy with System One™ Regulatory Approval and Distribution Agreement in Australia and New Zealand
2. Prostate Cancer Patients Benefit from New Zealand Centers Adoption of Elekta VMAT Radiotherapy Technique
3. Cumberland Pharmaceuticals and Phebra Pty Ltd. Sign Exclusive Agreement for Commercialization of Caldolor(R) in Australia and New Zealand
4. Successful Clinical Trials and Launch in New Zealand Spurs Phloe to Enter US Market
5. Dr. Assad Al-Ammar Joins Irvine Pharmaceutical Services as the New Minerals Analysis Manager in Response to the Growing Needs for USP Elemental Impurities Testing
6. ViroPharmas Cinryze® (C1 Inhibitor [Human]) Granted European Marketing Authorization for Hereditary Angioedema (HAE)
7. Saint-Gobains New C-Flex® ULTRA Pump Tubing for Biopharmaceutical Applications Outperforms the Competition
8. Inovio Pharmaceuticals to Present at Scientific & Industry Conferences
9. Neurelis Announces Positive Results from Phase 1 Pharmacokinetic Study of NRL-01 (intranasal diazepam)
10. Caraco Announces Stockholder Approval of Merger Agreement with Sun Pharma and Consummation of the Merger
11. Cardinal Health Extends Radiopharmaceutical Manufacturing Network, Opening its First Cyclotron in Georgia