SHANGHAI, Dec. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- WuXi PharmaTech (NYSE: WX), a leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical-device research and development outsourcing company with operations in China and the United States, today announced the winners of its fifth Life Science and Chemistry Awards, held on December 12, 2011 at Diaoyutai State Guesthouse in Beijing.
The theme of this year's awards was Disease Biology. Guowei Sang, Vice-Chairman of the Standing Committee of the 11th National People's Congress and Member of Chinese Academy of Engineering and Huaixi Zhang, Vice Chairman of the 10th Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference attended the awards ceremony, presented the awards, and congratulated the winners, encouraging them to continue their contributions to China's life science industry.
Mr. Sang served as the Honorary Chairman of the award selection panel, which was comprised of eight scholars with extensive industry expertise in life science industry:
- Dr. Ge Li, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of WuXi PharmaTech
- Dr. Hongyang Wang, Professor of Second Military Medical University, Academician of Chinese Academy of Engineering
- Dr. Shuhui Chen, Chief Scientific Officer of WuXi PharmaTech
- Dr. Wei He, Chair of Science and Education Department of Ministry of Health
- Dr. Qiang Lu, Vice President of Biology of WuXi PharmaTech
- Dr. Xiongli Yang, Professor of Fudan University and Member of Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Chi-Chung Chan, Vice President of Biology, Head of Oncology of WuXi PharmaTech
- Dr. Nanshan Zhong, Head of Guangzhou Medical School, President of Chinese Medical Association and Academician of Chinese Academy of Engineering
Fifteen winners were selected through a rigorous and objective evaluation process that began in July.
The First Prize winners are:
- Dr. Fu Gao, Research fellow of Institute of Microbiology Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Jie He, Director of Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences
The Second Prize winners are:
- Prof. Weiguo Zhu, Health Science Center of Peking University
- Prof. Jianguo Wu, College of Life Sciences at Wuhan University
- Dr. Feng Shao, Associate Investigator of National Institute of Biological Sciences, Beijing
- Dr. Minmin Luo, Associate Investigator and Laboratory Head of National Institute of Biological Sciences, Beijing
The Third Prize winners are:
- Prof. Yongxiang Wang, College of Pharmacy of Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Dr. Yong Liu, Research Fellow at Institute for Nutritional Sciences, SIBS, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Jinggen Liu, Research Fellow at Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Hong Zhang, Associate Investigator of National Institute of Biological Sciences, Beijing
- Prof. Zhongzhou Yang, Model Animal Research Center of Nanjing University
- Dr. Peng Chen, Associate Director of Synthetic and Functional Biomolecules Center of Peking University
- Prof. Youhong Jiang, Institute for Cancer Research of the First Hospital of China Medical University
- Dr. Zhengfan Jiang, Research Fellow at the School of Life Sciences of Peking University
- Dr. Yan Yan, Chief Physician of the Department of Cardiology of Zhongshan Hospital
"I am thrilled to receive the WuXi PharmaTech Life Science and Chemistry Award," said Dr. Fu Gao, the First Prize Winner. "This award recognizes my research work and inspires me to delve deeper into the study of life science. As a leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical-device research and development outsourcing company, WuXi PharmaTech founded this award to encourage scientists working in life science and to promote basic scientific research and innovation. I will continue to spare no efforts to make my contributions to the life science industry."
"My congratulations to all of the winners," said Dr. Ge Li, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of WuXi PharmaTech. "With their talent and devotion, China's scientific development is about to embrace a promising future. WuXi's mission is to build a platform that will allow anyone and any company to discover and develop drugs more efficiently and cost effectively for patients. With WuXi PharmaTech Life Science and Chemistry Award, we strive to make another important contribution to China's life science development as a good corporate citizen."
Related medicine technology :1
|SOURCE WuXi PharmaTech (Cayman) Inc.|
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. Pharmatech Teams up With Systems Medicine LLC and the Sarcoma Foundation of America for a Phase II Myxoid Liposarcoma Trial2
. Pharmatech, Inc. Contracts for Five New Just-in-Time Clinical Trials3
. WuXi PharmaTech Included in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Asia Pacific 2009 List for the Sixth Consecutive Year4
. WuXi PharmaTech Schedules Fourth-Quarter 2009 Earnings Release5
. WuXi PharmaTech Passes EMEA Inspection of Its GMP Manufacturing and Analytical Testing Facilities in Shanghai6
. WuXi PharmaTech Enters into Collaboration with J&JPRD, a division of Janssen Pharmaceutica for Preclinical Services and Training7
. WuXi PharmaTech Schedules First-Quarter 2010 Earnings Release8
. WuXi PharmaTech Announces First-Quarter 2010 Results9
. WuXi PharmaTech Appoints Hao Zhou as Chief Financial Officer10
. WuXi PharmaTech Well Positioned to Continue Growing as Independent Company; Will Receive Breakup Fee of $30 million11
. WuXi PharmaTech RESCHEDULES Second-Quarter 2010 Earnings Conference Call