SALT LAKE CITY, April 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- World Heart Corporation (WorldHeart; Nasdaq: WHRT), a developer of mechanical circulatory systems, announced the appointment of Dr. John Campbell Woodard as Senior Vice President of Scientific Affairs. Dr. Woodard will be responsible for clinical affairs and will also guide the development of World Heart's next- generation technologies. Dr. Woodard most recently served as Chief Scientific Officer for Ventracor Limited: an Australian-based public company focused on the development of left ventricular assist devices for late-stage heart failure patients. Prior to that, Dr. Woodard has served in various senior management positions in a number of medical device companies including, Micromedical Industries Limited, CHAD Research Laboratories, Novacor Division of Baxter Healthcare Corporation and Heart Research Institute of San Francisco.
Dr. Woodard's educational accomplishments include a Bachelor in Electrical Engineering, a Master of Science in Biophysics and a Doctor of Philosophy in Biomedical Engineering at the University of South Wales. Dr. Woodard has been awarded over 14 medical device related patents and he has authored numerous peer-reviewed papers and abstracts.
J. Alex Martin, President and CEO of WorldHeart commented, "We are extremely pleased to have a well recognized and respected leader in the field of Mechanical Circulatory Support join WorldHeart. We look forward to John's contributions to our efforts to serve patients suffering from advanced heart failure."
SOURCE World Heart Corporation
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. WorldHeart Announces Further Milestone in Miniaturized Assist Pump Development
2. WorldHeart Receives US Clinical Study Approval for the Levacor(TM) VAD
3. WorldHeart Receives IRB Approval at First Center in the Levacor(TM) VAD BTT Clinical Trial
4. WorldHeart Announces First U.S. Implant of Levacor(TM) VAD Implant at INTEGRIS in Oklahoma City
5. WorldHeart Receives Unconditional BTT Study Approval From FDA for Levacor(TM) VAD
6. WorldHeart Signs Agreements for Next-Generation Minimally Invasive Blood Pump
7. NASDAQ Stock Market Confirms WorldHearts Compliance With NASDAQ Listing Rule 5605
8. WorldHeart Reports 2009 Financial Results
9. Quark Pharmaceuticals Appoints New Chief Medical Officer
10. West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. Appoints New Director
11. PAREXEL Expands Late Phase Clinical Research Services and Appoints Leading Pharmacoepidemiology Expert Victor Kiri