EXTON, Pa., June 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, representatives from West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. (NYSE: WST), will celebrate the company's 90th anniversary by ringing the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange. The closing ceremony at the stock exchange commemorates West's long history of working side-by-side with top pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies around the globe to solve the challenges of delivering life-changing therapies safely and effectively to patients.
"As we commemorate our company's 90th year of serving healthcare markets, we look back with pride on the role West has played helping deliver drugs safely to patients around the world," said Donald E. Morel, Jr., Ph.D., Chairman and CEO. "West has been listed on the New York Stock Exchange since 1980 and we are honored to participate in the closing ceremony."
Since West's founding in 1923 by Herman O. West, collaboration and innovation have been in the company's DNA. West works with its customers to understand their products, processes, quality and regulatory requirements in order to design and produce standard-setting components and innovative safety and administrative delivery systems. As a result, roughly 100 million West components are used each day in homes, hospitals and other healthcare settings around the world.
West recently completed construction on a new, state-of-the-art headquarters facility in Exton, Pa., has completed its second facility in China and is building its first facility in India'/>"/>
SOURCE West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. UBM Canon Celebrates the 30th Anniversary of MD&M East, the East Coasts Largest Medical OEM Event, and the 15th Anniversary of the Medical Design Excellence Awards, the MedTech Industrys Premier Awards Program
2. Pioneering Medical Technology Company, Optivus Proton Therapy, Inc., Celebrates 20th Anniversary
3. Lex Kogan, Ibogaine Developer, Celebrates Recent CDC Panel
4. EyePromise Celebrates AREDS 2 Results, Healthy Vision Month
5. Lilly Celebrates National Volunteer Week with Deployment of Global Service Teams
6. Make-A-Wish(R) International Celebrates World Wish Day(R) by Launching Its Largest Social Engagement Campaign Ever
7. Man Undergoes Phrenic Nerve Surgery to Relieve Shortness of Breath, Hopes to Celebrate Recovery by Running a Marathon
8. West Celebrates 90 Years of Healthcare Innovation
9. Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy Celebrates 25th Annual Meeting & Expo in San Diego
10. Data Display Audio Visual Celebrates its 25th Anniversary
11. Cardiac Science Celebrates 100-Year Anniversary