"This demonstrates that a good comparative effectiveness research study, along with clinical trial information and other peer-reviewed studies published in medical journals, can provide us the tools we need to help improve health outcomes and reduce costs for members of our affiliated health plans," Sweet said. "The key to building studies producing useful information is to ensure they follow medically credible and consistent guidelines. We consider this work one of many contributions WellPoint is making to health care."
About WellPoint, Inc.
WellPoint is committed to improving the lives and health of the people and communities we serve by simplifying the connection between health, care and value. Our goal is to help shape the impact each health care decision has on individuals, the health care system at-large, and our communities. WellPoint's more than 42,000 associates work every day to help create the best health care value for our customers. Through collaborations with providers and with innovative programs, WellPoint's affiliated health plans reward healthy lifestyles and quality, safe and effective care. As the nation's largest health benefits company, with nearly 34 million members in its affiliated health plans, WellPoint is at the center of the health care system. This position provides us with the relationships and insights needed to help create affordable and actionable solutions that improve health care.
As an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, WellPoint serves members as the Blue Cross licensee for California; the Blue Cross and Blue Shield licensee for Colorado, C
SOURCE WellPoint, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. WellPoints Reuters Response
2. China Ruitai International Holdings Co., Ltd. Reports Results for the First Quarter 2010
3. Medical Product Outsourcing Magazine Announces the First Annual CardioTec Conference
4. China Sky One Medical Announces First Quarter 2010 Results
5. Simcere Pharmaceutical Group Reports Preliminary Unaudited First Quarter 2010 Results
6. Weikang Bio-Technology Reports First Quarter 2010 Financial Results
7. Shengtai Pharmaceutical, Inc. Reports Financial Results for the Third Quarter and the First Nine Months of Fiscal Year 2010
8. China Biologic Products Announces First Quarter 2010 Results
9. Dehaier Medical Systems Announces First Quarter Net Income Up 54%
10. Lotus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Reports Strong First Quarter 2010 Financial Results
11. joimax(R) Holds the First International TESSYS(R) User Meeting in Veenhuizen, The Netherlands, and Announces the Launch of Various New Products for Endoscopic Spinal Surgery