PARSIPPANY, N.J., Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: WPI) today announced that it has completed the acquisition of Belgium-based Uteron Pharma SA for $150 million in cash up front, and up to $155 million in potential future milestone payments. The acquisition of Uteron expands Watson's Global Brands pipeline of Women's Health products including two potential near term global commercial opportunities in contraception and infertility, and one novel oral contraceptive, projected to launch globally in 2018. Several additional products in earlier stages of development are also included in the acquisition. The Company said the transaction is expected to be minimally dilutive to non-GAAP earnings in 2013 and 2014, and accretive in 2015.
"This is a strategic acquisition of a solid pipeline, sound development expertise, and sufficient manufacturing capacity to generate value for shareholders within the next two years, and provide the potential of multiple global product introductions through the latter half of the decade," said Fred Wilkinson , President of Watson Global Brands and Biosimilars. "We have structured the financials of the acquisition to reflect the immediate value of the late stage pipeline, with approximately $45 million in near-term milestones and appropriately balancing the development risks and investments required to commercialize these assets, when compared to the longer-term opportunities.
"The acquisition capitalizes on the growing potential of the expanded global commercial footprint for our Women's Health Brand franchise following the Actavis acquisition. As a result of the Uteron acquisition, Watson welcomes the opportunity to access resources within the Walloon Region of Belgium'/>"/>
SOURCE Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Watson to Present at the 2012 Piper Jaffray Health Care Conference
2. Watson to Present at the 2012 Annual Credit Suisse Healthcare Conference
3. Watson Third Quarter 2012 Non-GAAP Diluted EPS Increases 24% to $1.35; Net Revenue Increases 19% to $1.29 Billion
4. Watson Announces Global Generics Management Team
5. Watson Announces New Name -- Actavis -- for Global Operations
6. Cleveland Clinic and IBM Work to Advance Watsons Use in the Medical Training Field
7. Watson Announces Sale of Rugby OTC Product Trademark and Assets to Major Pharmaceuticals, a division of The Harvard Drug Group, LLC
8. Watson to Present at the 2012 Bank of America Merrill Lynch Global Healthcare Conference
9. Watson to Present at the Morgan Stanley 2012 Global Healthcare Conference
10. Watson Applauds GPhA Study Demonstrating $1 Trillion in Prescription Drug Savings from Generic Medicines
11. Watson and Actavis Receive FTC Second Request