ATLANTA, July 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) today unveiled new technology solutions for increasing clinical laboratory efficiencies including the first CE Marked LC/MS/MS integrated solution for the quantification of everolimus (Certican®).
Being displayed in Waters booth #3136 are these exciting new products.
- MassTrak™ Online Solid Phase Extraction Analyzer providing automated sample clean-up, concentration, and extraction complemented by Waters® ACQUITY® TQD tandem quadrupole mass spectrometer for high-sensitivity quantitative analysis.
- MassTrak Immunosuppressants XE Kit -- CE marked in accordance with the IVD Directive 98/79/EC for the quantification of tacrolimus (FK506;Prograf®) in liver and kidney transplant patients and everolimus (Certican®)
This year, Waters is sponsoring two scientific workshops which are designed to further the education of laboratory technicians, scientists, and chemists responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining robust clinical assays. Each workshop features presentations from leading practitioners in the field of clinical chemistry.
- Good Method Development and Validation Practices for Liquid Chromatography -- Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS), Tuesday, July 26, 6 - 7:30 p.m., Hyatt Regency Atlanta, Regency Ballroom VII. Featured presenters: John W. Honour, Ph.D., University College London Hospitals, London, UK; Kimberly Napoli Eaton, Ph.D., Laboratory Director, Andor Laboratories, LLC, Durham, NC; and Graham Carter, DEQAS Organiser, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, Charing Cross Hospital, London, UK. Attendees at this workshop may be eligible to receive ACCENT® educational credit hours.
- Implementing LC/MS/MS in the Clinical Laboratory, Wednesday, July 27, 6 - 7:30 p.m., Hyatt Regency Atlanta, Centennial Ballroom III. Featured presenters: Elizabeth L. Frank, Ph.D. DABCC, Associate Professor of Pathology, University of Utah Health Science Center, Salt Lake City, UT; Shannon Harmond, Ph.D., Director - Clinical Chemistry Laboratory, Children's Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL; Paul J. Jannetto, Ph.D., DABCC, Associate Professor of Pathology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI.
Waters scientists and customers will be presenting several scientific posters at AACC including:
- Everolimus Measurement: Evaluating the Waters MassTrak Immunosuppressant XE Kit for use with LC/MS/MS
- Development of a Rapid Quantitative/Semi-Quantitative LC/MS/MS Method to Monitor Opioids and Glucuronide Metabolites
- Measurement of 25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 and C3-epi-25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 Using UPLC/MS/MS in Pediatric and Adult Populations
- Evaluation of LC/MS/MS Scrambling Ratios for Deuterium-Labeled Vitamin D Metabolites, Steroids and Other Compounds of Clinical Significance
- Development of an LC/MS/MS Method for 1,25 Dihydroxy Vitamin D for Use in the Clinical Laboratory
About Waters Clinical Business Operations
Working with clinical and forensic toxicology laboratories around the world, Waters has pioneered an integrated portfolio of MassTrak Solutions that include separations science, mass spectrometry, consumables, laboratory information management software, services and application support. Waters' comprehensive approach optimizes the implementation of LC/MS/MS assays in the laboratory. MassTrak Solutions bring the power of Waters technologies, including tandem mass spectrometry, in easy-to-use cost effective packages addressing therapeutic drug monitoring for everolimus and tacrolimus and for forensic toxicology. Waters innovations and laboratory solutions provide improved accuracy and precision for laboratory assays that help ensure quality results. Waters is committed to helping laboratories deliver quality results with improved levels of sample throughput, shortened turnaround times as well as increased sensitivity, specificity and flexibility.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
For over 50 years, Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) has created business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.64 billion in 2010 and 5,400 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Waters, MassTrak, and ACQUITY are trademarks of Waters Corporation. Prograf is a registered trademark of Astellas Pharma. Certican is a registered trademark of Novartis AG. Related medicine technology :1
. Waters CE Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Immunosuppressants XE Kit2
. Waters Introduces Ostro Sample Preparation Products3
. Waters Expands Xevo MS Instrument Platform With Next-Generation Mass Spectrometers4
. Waters Corporation and NIBRT Partner to Bring Greater Control and Predictability to Biopharmaceutical Processing5
. Waters SDMS Vision Publisher Now Certified Compliant with SAFE-BioPharma Digital Standard6
. New Analytical Training Lab Standardizes on Waters Innovative Technologies to Achieve Educational Goals7
. CIVCO Showcases RFSuite RFID Tracking and Verification System at AAPM 2011 Booth #8178
. EHE International Showcases The National Tourette Syndrome Association, Inc. with Month-Long Window Display in Rockefeller Center Plaza9
. Council on Competitiveness Showcases Power of High Performance Computing in Case Study with GNS Healthcare10
. At SIIM 2011 Siemens Showcases Imaging IT Solutions for Driving Greater Value in Radiology and Other Specialties11
. Caliper Owners Group Meeting Showcases Transformative Technologies for Advancing Personalized Medicine