SAN FRANCISCO, April 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Vista Partners announced today that it has updated coverage on Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: OPXA) ("the Company")and maintains its twelve month target price of $6.50. Ross Silver, Principal Analyst at Vista Partners stated, "According to the Company, Opexa's lead clinical candidate Tovaxin®, an autologous cellular immunotherapy for the treatment of Multiple sclerosis, is scheduled to advance into a pivotal Phase 3 clinical study in the U.S. in the second of half of 2011." Mr. Silver continued, "In clinical trials performed to date, Tovaxin® has compared favorably to already approved MS therapies, which are multi-billion dollar drugs. Of most significance in our opinion is Tovaxin® ranking ahead of both Copaxone® and Avonex® in Annualized Relapse Rate ("ARR"). ARR is possibly the most clinically relevant endpoint and is the single most important measure by which the FDA evaluates MS drugs for approval." Mr. Silver concluded, "Dendreon's Provenge®, the first FDA-approved autologous cellular immunotherapy which was recently approved by The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for reimbursement of $93,000, has increased awareness and acceptance for this therapeutic approach."
About Vista Partn
SOURCE Vista Partners
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Anthera Pharmaceuticals Successfully Completes Interim Biomarker Analysis of VISTA-16 Study and Third Safety Review of Varespladib Methyl
2. Vista Partners Updates Coverage on Pro-Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Raises Target Price to $3.22
3. Harris Corporation Awarded Contract to Provide Engineering and Enterprise Support to Veteran Affairss VistA Imaging System
4. Anthera Announces Conference Call to Discuss Analytical Method and Timing of Upcoming VISTA-16 Biomarker Analysis
5. Vista Partners Updates Coverage on Pro-Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Maintains Target Price of $2.10
6. New FORTEO® and EVISTA® Data to be Presented at Premiere Scientific Meeting for Bone and Mineral Research
7. Vista Partners Updates Coverage on Raptor Pharmaceutical Corp.
8. U.S. Court of Appeals Upholds Validity of Lillys Evista Patents Through March of 2014
9. Chula Vistas Dr. Peter Rullan Adds Alma Lasers Pixel CO2 Laser System to Offer Fractional CO2 Laser Treatments to Patients
10. Biovista Announces the Appointment of Clifford H. Farrah to its Advisory Board
11. New High-Resolution Computer Tomography Data Demonstrates EVISTA(R)s Effect on Bone Quality in Osteoporotic Patients