As part of the leadership succession plan, Page has resigned from the board of directors.
OVA1 is a blood test for pre-surgical assessment of ovarian tumors for malignancy, using a unique multi-biomarker approach. In a published clinical trial, OVA1 achieved 99% sensitivity in detecting epithelial ovarian cancers (EOC). This included 96% sensitivity for stage I EOC, the earliest and most curable EOC stage, compared with 57% for the conventional biomarker CA125.(1) In addition, OVA1 found 70% of malignancies missed by non-specialist pre-surgical assessment,(1) and it increased detection of malignancy over ACOG guidelines from 77% to 94%.(2) As the first protein-based, In Vitro Diagnostic Multi-Variate Index Assay (IVDMIA) cleared by the FDA, OVA1 also represents a new class of software-based diagnostics.
1) Ueland, FR, et al. Obstet Gynecol 2011:VOL 117, NO. 6, June 2011
2) Miller R, et al. Obstet Gynecol 2011:VOL 117, NO. 6, June 2011
Vermillion, Inc. (NASDAQ: VRML) is dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of novel high-value diagnostic tests that help physicians diagnose, treat and improve outcomes for patients. Vermillion, along with its prestigious scientific collaborators, has diagnostic programs in oncology, hematology, cardiology and women's health. Additional information about Vermillion can be found at www.vermillion.com.
SOURCE Vermillion, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Vermillion Sets First Quarter 2012 Conference Call for Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 4:30 p.m. ET
2. Vermillion to Report Preliminary Results for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2011 on February 23, 2012
3. Vermillion Completes the Acquisition of Correlogic Systems Ovarian Cancer Diagnostics Business
4. Vermillion Reports Results for Third Quarter 2011
5. Vermillion to Present at Stephens Fall Investment Conference on November 16, 2011
6. Vermillion Engages Liolios Group to Lead Investor Relations Program
7. Vermillion Enhances Management Team With A Key Addition
8. Vermillion Appoints Distribution Partner for OVA1® in Israel and the Palestine Territories
9. Vermillion Reports Financial Results for the First Quarter 2011
10. Vermillion Announces Presentation of Positive Ovarian Biomarker Data for Next Generation Test
11. Vermillion Attends 42nd Annual Meeting of the Society of Gynecologic Oncologists