SALT LAKE CITY, April 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Booth #H1/E32 -- Varian Medical Systems (NYSE: VAR) will exhibit a wide selection of X-ray tubes and flat panel image detectors for digital radiography (DR) at the China International Medical Equipment Fair (CMEF) meeting in Shenzhen, China, April 16-18, 2011. Varian will also demonstrate new technology for treating cancer with radiotherapy and radiosurgery.
Varian's exhibit will showcase:
- PaxScan® dynamic X-ray image detectors designed for use in cardiology, angiography, cone-beam CT, surgical C-arms, and image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT). Dynamic panels will include:
- The new PaxScan® 3024M flat-panel detector for full-field digital mammography based on Varian's amorphous silicon (a-Si) technology. This innovative direct capture panel has a compact design, incorporating a narrow edge enabling radiologists to acquire images close to the chest wall with results in seconds. The 3024M robust panel promises to extend the capabilities of digital mammography into markets where its environmental stability makes it an attractive option over less reliable technologies.
- The PaxScan 1313, a 13cm x 13cm detector, with high-speed electronics capable of processing 30 frames per second suitable for use in dental computed tomography (CT).
- The PaxScan 3030+, a 30cm x 30cm multi-modality detector with fluoroscopic capabilities, for surgical, interventional, and cone beam CT medical imaging applications.
- PaxScan® radiographic X-ray image detectors intended for use in capturing large fields of view:
- The PaxScan® 4343R, a 43cm x 43cm detector designed for permanent mounting in radiographic tables or wall stands.
- The PaxScan® 4336R, a 43cm x 36cm cassette size digital detector designed to replace standard film cassettes used in existing radiographic and multi-bucky applications. The panel is also available with a portable hand-held enclosure for use in mobile imaging systems.
- A broad display of X-ray tubes with applications for CT scanners, radiographic/fluoroscopic imaging, special procedures and mammography.
"We're able to offer a wide array of cost effective X-ray imaging solutions for new equipment manufacturers as well as for replacement or upgrades in existing equipment," said Steve Kimmel, vice president of sales and marketing for Varian's X-Ray Products business. "Our new technically advanced X-ray tubes and flat panel detectors were developed to work together to improve image quality, increase throughput, and reduce the overall cost per procedure."
Varian's new TrueBeam™ system for performing image-guided radiotherapy and radiosurgery with unprecedented speed will also be on display. Varian's Oncology Systems business will also demonstrate enhancements to its Eclipse™ treatment planning and ARIA® oncology information system that are designed to make radiotherapy and radiosurgery treatments faster, more accurate, and easier to plan and deliver.
About Varian Medical Systems
Varian Medical Systems, Inc., of Palo Alto, California is the world's leading manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy, and brachytherapy. The company supplies informatics software for managing comprehensive cancer clinics, radiotherapy centers and medical oncology practices. The company also supplies X-ray imaging products for cargo screening and industrial non-destructive inspection. Varian Medical Systems employs approximately 5,400 people who are located at manufacturing sites in North America, China and Europe and in its 70 sales and support offices around the world.
Varian X-Ray Products is the world's premier supplier of X-ray tubes and digital detectors for X-ray imaging in medical, dental, veterinary, scientific, and industrial applications. Varian's X-Ray Products manufacturing headquarters are located in Salt Lake City, Utah. The division also has sales and service centers in Charleston, South Carolina, Beijing, China and Willich, Germany where these facilities reload, rebuild and distribute medical X-ray tubes for immediate delivery throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://www.varian.com/.
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT:
Elaine Rebele, Varian Medical Systems
Related medicine technology :1
|SOURCE Varian Medical Systems|
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. Varian Medical Systems to Exhibit New TrueBeam™ System for Image-Guided Radiotherapy at ChinaMed Exhibition in Beijing2
. First Varian High Dose Rate Brachytherapy Afterloader Supplied to Leading China Cancer Hospital3
. Varian Medical Systems Schedules Second Quarter FY2011 News Release and Conference Call4
. Vermillion Announces Presentation of Positive Ovarian Biomarker Data for Next Generation Test5
. Varian Medical Systems to Showcase New X-Ray Tubes and Flat Panel Detectors at the ECR Annual Meeting6
. Varian Medical Systems Announces New $280 Million Accelerated Stock Repurchase7
. Mira Dx Licenses Triple Negative Breast Cancer Risk Variant from Yale University8
. Varian Medical Systems Board of Directors Authorizes Repurchase of Additional 12 Million Shares of Stock Through Fiscal Year 2012; Additional Accelerated Share Repurchase Program9
. BD and UCL Business Reach Exclusive License Agreement to Advance Development of New Diagnostic Tests for Ovarian and Breast Cancers10
. Cancer Patients in Bangladesh Gain Access to Advanced RapidArc Radiotherapy Treatments from Varian Medical Systems11
. Varian Medical Systems Security and Inspection Products Group Receives Largest Single Order for IntellX Systems