WASHINGTON, Aug. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Vanda) (NASDAQ: VNDA) today announced that it intends to offer and sell shares of its common stock in an underwritten public offering. The offering is subject to market conditions, and there can be no assurance as to whether or when the offering may be completed, or as to the actual size or terms of the offering. Vanda also expects to grant the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 15% of the shares of common stock offered in the public offering to cover over-allotments, if any. All of the shares in the offering are to be sold by Vanda, with net proceeds to be used for sales and marketing expenditures which may include commercial launch activities for tasimelteon for the treatment of Non-24-Hour Disorder following the receipt of regulatory approval, if any, research and development activities and other general corporate purposes.
Lazard Capital Markets LLC and Piper Jaffray & Co. are acting as the joint book-running managers of the offering.
A shelf registration statement on Form S-3 relating to the public offering of the shares of common stock described above was filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and declared effective by the SEC on February 11, 2011. A preliminary prospectus supplement relating to and describing the terms of the offering will be filed with the SEC and will be available on the SEC's web site at www.sec.gov. When available, copies of the preliminary prospectus supplement relating to these securities may also be obtained from the offices of Lazard Capital Markets LLC at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, 60th Floor, New York, NY, 10020 or via telephone at (800) 542-0970 or the offices of Piper Jaffray & Co., by mail at 800 Nicollet Mall, J12S03, Minneapolis, MN
SOURCE Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. UPCOMING DEADLINE: Levi & Korsinsky Notifies Investors with Losses on Their Investment in Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. of Class Action Lawsuit and the Deadline of August 24, 2013 to Seek a Lead Plaintiff Position
2. Vanda Pharmaceuticals Reports Second Quarter 2013 Results
3. Vanda Pharmaceuticals to Announce Second Quarter 2013 Financial Results on July 31, 2013
4. Vanda Pharmaceuticals to Participate in Upcoming Investor Conferences
5. Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Sued by Investor
6. Vanda Presents Data From Phase III Studies that Demonstrate Tasimelteon Restores Daily Cortisol Rhythm In Blind Patients With Non-24-Hour Disorder
7. Vanda Presents Data From Tasimelteon Phase III Studies In Non-24-Hour Disorder
8. Vanda Pharmaceuticals to Present at the Jefferies 2013 Global Healthcare Conference
9. Vanda Announces Submission To FDA Of A New Drug Application For Tasimelteon For The Treatment Of Non-24-Hour Disorder In The Totally Blind
10. Vanda to Present Tasimelteon Non-24 Phase III Data at Two Medical Meetings
11. Vanda Pharmaceuticals Named the 2013 Life Science Firm of the Year by the Tech Council of Maryland