LAVAL, Quebec, June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (NYSE: VRX and TSX: VRX) has priced its previously announced public offering of common shares (the "Offering"). Pursuant to the Offering, the Company will issue 23,529,412 common shares at a price of $85.00 per share, for aggregate gross proceeds of approximately $2.0 billion. The Company will file a final prospectus supplement to its effective shelf registration statement on Form S-3 and will make a similar filing with the securities regulatory authorities in each of the provinces of Canada. Closing of the Offering is expected to occur on or about June 24, 2013.
The Company has also granted to the underwriters of the Offering an option, exercisable for a period of 30 days following the date of the final prospectus supplement, to purchase additional common shares equal to up to 15% of the common shares initially sold.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the Offering, together with debt financing, to fund (i) the consideration of its previously disclosed acquisition (the "Merger") of Bausch + Lomb Holdings Incorporated ("B+L"), (ii) the fees and expenses incurred in connection with the Merger; and (iii) the repayment or retirement of B+L's outstanding debt. If the Merger were not to close for any reason, the proceeds of the Offering will be used for general corporate purposes, which may include providing working capital, funding capital expenditures or for making one or more future acquisitions.
Goldman, Sachs & Co. will act as sole manager of the Offering outside of Canada and Goldman Sachs Canada Inc. will act as sole manager of the Offering in Canada.
A copy of the final prospectus supplement and accompanying prospectus relating to the Offering in the United States'/>"/>
SOURCE Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Valeant Pharmaceuticals Announces Public Offering Of Common Shares
2. Valeant Pharmaceuticals Announces Filing Of Preliminary Base Shelf Prospectus
3. Valeant Pharmaceuticals Announces Receipt Of U.S. FDA Complete Response Letter For Efinaconazole
4. Valeant Pharmaceuticals Announces 2013 Annual Meeting Results
5. Valeant Pharmaceuticals To Present At 34th Annual Goldman Sachs Global Healthcare Conference
6. Valeant Pharmaceuticals Announces Resignation of Dr. Laurence Paul from Valeants Board of Directors
7. Valeant Pharmaceuticals To Webcast 2013 Annual Meeting Of Shareholders
8. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. Announces Additional Information Regarding Continuance Proposal
9. Valeant Pharmaceuticals Provides Efinconazole Update
10. Valeant Pharmaceuticals Reports 2013 First Quarter Financial Results
11. Actavis Acquires Worldwide Rights for Valeants Metronidazole 1.3% Vaginal Gel