LAVAL, Quebec, June 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (NYSE: VRX and TSX: VRX) reports the closing of its recently priced public offering (the "Offering") of common shares and the exercise in full by the underwriters of their option to purchase additional common shares. The Company today issued 23,529,412 common shares at a price of $85.00 per share (the "Firm Shares") and, pursuant to the underwriters' exercise of their option to purchase additional common shares, an additional 3,529,412 common shares at a price of $85.00 per share (the "Additional Shares"), for aggregate gross proceeds of approximately $2.3 billion.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the Firm Shares sold in the Offering, together with its previously announced debt financing, to fund (i) the consideration of its previously disclosed acquisition (the "Merger") of Bausch + Lomb Holdings Incorporated ("B+L"), (ii) the fees and expenses incurred in connection with the Merger; and (iii) the repayment or retirement of B+L's outstanding debt. The Company may use the proceeds from the Additional Shares sold in the Offering, in addition to the manner described above, for general corporate purposes. If the Merger were not to close for any reason, the proceeds of the Offering, including the proceeds from such Additional Shares sold, will be used for general corporate purposes, which may include providing working capital, funding capital expenditures or for making one or more future acquisitions.
Goldman, Sachs & Co. will act as sole manager of the Offering outside of Canada and Goldman Sachs Canada Inc. will act as sole manager of the Offering in Canada.
A copy of the final prospectus supplement and accompanying prospectus relating to the Offering in the United States'/>"/>
SOURCE Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Valeant Pharmaceuticals Agrees To Acquire AcneFree And Certain Assets From University Medical
2. Valeant Pharmaceuticals Reports 2012 First Quarter Financial Results
3. Valeant Pharmaceuticals To Host Investor Day
4. Valeant Pharmaceuticals To Announce 2012 Second Quarter Results On August 2, 2012
5. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. Agrees To Acquire Medicis Pharmaceutical Corporation For $44.00 Per Share In Cash
6. Valeant Pharmaceuticals To Present At UBS Annual Global Life Sciences Conference
7. Valeant Pharmaceuticals Announces Management Change
8. Valeant Pharmaceuticals To Syndicate Incremental Loans
9. Valeant Pharmaceuticals Appoints Howard Schiller To Board Of Directors
10. Valeant Pharmaceuticals Announces Launch of Concurrent Private Offerings of Senior Notes
11. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. Announces Pricing Of Concurrent Private Offerings Of Senior Notes