Clinical results and advantage over linezolid in resistance acquisition by Staph aureus among data to be presented at infectious disease meeting
SAN DIEGO, Calif., May 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Trius Therapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company developing best-in-class drugs for the treatment of serious bacterial infections, announced today that the results of multiple studies from its lead program, torezolid (TR-701), will be presented in an oral session and six poster presentations at the 19th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ECCMID) meeting in Helsinki, Finland May 16-19. Torezolid is a novel antibiotic that recently completed Phase 2 clinical development with potent activity against gram-positive bacteria, including methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE).
The presentations are as follows:
Saturday, May 16th
Oral Presentation - Lecture Hall 3a (14:54 - 15:06)
- O28: In vivo pharmacodynamics of TR-701, a new oxazolidinone antibiotic, against methicillin-susceptible and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus strains; A. Louie, C. Fregeau, W. Liu, H. Conde, R. Kulawy, G. Drusano
Sunday, May 17th
Poster Presentations - New antimicrobials against Gram-positives (13:30 - 14:30)
- P 1091: Effects of food on the pharmacokinetics of TR-701, a novel oxazolidinone prodrug antibiotic, in healthy adult subjects; KA. Munoz, P. Bien, P. Prokocimer, M. Berry, C. R. Bethune
- P 1092: TR-700, a novel methyltetrazolyl-oxazolidinone, accumulates extensively within human macrophages cells and shows activity towards intraphagocytic linezolid-sensitive and linezolid-resistant S. aureus; S. Lemaire, K. Kosowska-Shick, P. Appelbaum, F. Van Bambeke, P. Tulkens
- P 1090: The safety of single ascending oral doses of TR-701, a novel oxazolidinone prodrug antibiotic; P. Bien, P. Prokocimer, KA. Munoz, J. Bohn
- P 1089: The safety of multiple ascending oral doses of TR-701, a novel oxazolidinone prodrug antibiotic; P. Bien, P. Prokocimer, KA. Munoz, J. Bohn
- P 1103: Characterization of resistance following serial passage of Staphylococcus aureus in the presence of the novel oxazolidinone TR-700 and linezolid; J. Locke, K. Shaw
- P 1104: Characterization of the novel oxazolidinone TR-700 and linezolid spontaneous mutation frequencies and resistance mechanisms in Staphylococcus aureus; J. Locke, K. Shaw
Copies of these posters will be available on the Trius Web site following the ECCMID meeting: http://www.triusrx.com/posters.php.
About Trius Therapeutics
Trius Therapeutics is discovering and developing innovative antibacterial drugs for the treatment of infections caused by drug-resistant pathogens. The company's lead drug candidate, torezolid, is a second generation oral and IV oxazolidinone antibiotic with potent activity against drug-resistant Gram-positive bacterial pathogens including those resistant to Zyvox(R), the only marketed antibacterial drug of the oxazolidinone class. Trius has recently completed Phase 2 testing of torezolid in a U.S. based multi-center trial. Trius' pipeline includes two preclinical programs with lead candidates being developed to treat serious infections caused by Gram-negative bacterial pathogens. For more information, visit www.triusrx.com.
Related medicine technology :1
|SOURCE Trius Therapeutics, Inc.|
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. Trius Completes Enrollment in Phase 2 Clinical Trial Evaluating Torezolid (TR-701) in Patients With Complicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections2
. Trius Antibiotics to be Highlighted in 18 Presentations at ICAAC/IDSA3
. Trius Doses First Patient in Antibacterial Phase 2 Trial4
. PacificGMP Completes GMP Product Fill for Trius Therapeutics5
. Trius Initiates U.S. Phase I Trial for its Oxazolidinone Antibacterial Drug, TR-7016
. Hyperion Therapeutics Receives Orphan Drug Designation for HPN-100 for the Treatment of Urea Cycle Disorders7
. Sirion Therapeutics Announces Clinical Data Presentations at the 2009 Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) Annual Meeting8
. Intarcia Therapeutics, Inc. Announces Completion of Enrollment of ITCA 650 Phase 1b Study for the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes9
. Hyperion Therapeutics Announces Results for Phase II Study in Urea Cycle Disorders10
. Amicus Therapeutics Announces Issuance of New Plicera(TM) Composition of Matter Patent11
. Vantia Therapeutics Pipeline Continues to Mature