CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- What can be worse than an intensely itchy rash from poison ivy with red bumps and blisters during the hot summer months?
Introducing Cortizone 10 Poison Ivy Relief Pads. The #1 doctor recommended*, fast-acting, anti-itch medicine consumers can buy without a prescription is now available in a no-mess, touch-free, single application "SnapplicatorTM." +
Starting in April, the Cortizone 10 Poison Ivy Relief Pads will be sold in the first-aid aisle in most major retailers. Cortizone 10 Poison Ivy Relief Pads, which will retail $8.99 for 10 SnapplicatorsTM, are formulated to provide fast relief from exposure to poison ivy, oak and sumac with a combination of aloe, botanicals and oat extract. The pads cool and soothe irritated skin on contact. Cortizone 10 Poison Ivy Relief Pads offer convenience, portability, simplicity and fast relief to intense itching, rashes and inflammation.
"The innovative packaging is the first of its kind for poison ivy relief," said Liz Roques , assistant brand manager at Chattem. "The individual SnapplicatorsTM include a single treatment so consumers don't have to touch the affected area."
Cortizone 10 Poison Ivy Relief Pads Fast Facts:
- Product benefits: The strongest itch medicine without a prescription available; new single-dose SnapplicatorTM provides no-mess, no touch application that easily applies onto skin.
- How to Use: Grasp SnapplicatorTM between the thumbs and forefingers. Snap to release product through pad top. Dab medicine onto affected area and rub onto skin. Discard.
- Uses: Adults and children 2 years of age and older who have skin with symptoms associated with minor skin irritations, inflammation and rashes due to poison ivy, poison oak and poison sumac.
- Product ingredients: 1% hydrocortisone (active ingredient), aloe, botanicals and oat extract (inactive ingredients).
- Suggested Retail Price/Availability: $8.99 for 10 SnapplicatorsTM; first-aid aisle of most major retailers.
- What is Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, and Sumac: Rhus dermatitis is an allergic contact dermatitis caused by exposure to plants of the genus Toxicodendron (formerly Rhus). Each plant contains the substance urushiol, a potent skin sensitizing agent.
About Cortizone-10: Cortizone 10 is the #1 First Aid Anti-Itch brand in America** offering additional anti-itch products such as Cooling Relief Gel, Quick Shot Continuous Spray, Hydratensive Anti-Itch Lotion, Easy Relief Applicator Anti-Itch Liquid and many more. For more information, please visit www.cortizone10.com.
*Refers to the ingredient hydrocortisone.
+Snapplicator™ is a trademark of Tapemark.
**Based on Nielsen sales volume as of 2/16/13
Media Contacts: Related medicine technology :1
Jessica Prah, 312-953-3257, firstname.lastname@example.org
Elizabeth Lewis, 312-544-4190, email@example.com
. OncoSec ElectroChemotherapy Demonstrates Potential as Alternative to Surgery for Treating Head and Neck Cancer2
. Retrospective Study Suggests that Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy (SABR) Can be a Viable Option for Treating Early-Stage Lung Cancer in Operable as well as Inoperable Patients; Phase III Randomized Trial Now Under Way3
. MicroVention Announces First Patient Enrollment In Clinical Trial To Compare Coiling Technologies For Treating Brain Aneurysms4
. Eaton Scientific Discusses Positive Anecdotal Feedback from Pharmacist Compounding Homatropine for Doctors Treating Patients Experiencing Hot Flash Symptoms in the Beverley Hills and Los Angeles Area.5
. ROX Medical secures financing and achieves key milestones in providing minimally-invasive approach for treating hypertension6
. Avaxia Biologics is Awarded U.S. Patent for Antibody Therapy for Modulating Function of Intestinal Receptors and Methods of Treating Diabetes and Obesity7
. The Growing Cost of Aging: Express Scripts Study Shows Medication Use for Normal Aging Conditions Overtakes Costs of Treating Most Chronic Diseases8
. The Nairobi Hospital in Kenya Commences Treating Cancer with Advanced Radiotherapy Delivery Using Varian Equipment and Software9
. Varian Medical Systems to Showcase Advanced Technologies for Treating Cancer with Image-Guided Radiotherapy and Radiosurgery at JASTRO Meeting in Tokyo, Japan10
. Abattis Participates In Project On A Whole Plant Therapeutic For Treating Malaria And Other Diseases And Reducing Drug Resistance11
. Professional Therapy Associates Study Supports Findings: Physical Therapy Beneficial in Treating Office Workers with Lower Back Pain