NEW YORK, June 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Benefits of this report
* Up-to-date one-stop information on transdermal drug delivery
* Description of 117 companies involved and 101 collaborations in this area
* Market analysis 2009-2019/
* Market values in major regions
* Strategies for developing markets for transdermal drug delivery
* A selected bibliography of 170 publications
* Text is supplemented by 17 tables and 10 figures
Who should read this report?
* Biotechnology companies developing transdermal technologies
* Drug delivery companies
* Pharmaceutical companies interested in transdermal drug delivery
* Pharmaceutical research institutes
This report deals with transdermal drug delivery - an approach used to deliver drugs through the skin for therapeutic use as an alternative to oral,intravascular, subcutaneous and transmucosal routes. Various transdermal drug delivery technologies are described including the use of suitable formulations, carriers and penetration enhancers. The most commonly used transdermal system is the skin patch using various types of technologies. Nanoparticles as well as the use of physical agents to facilitate transcutaneous drug delivery is described. Microneedle and needleless technologies are also described. Transdermal technologies may be applied for several categories of pharmaceuticals used for the treatment of disorders of the skin or for systemic effect to treat diseases of other organs. Several transdermal products and applications include hormone replacement therapy, contraception, management of pain, angina pectoris, smoking cessation and neurological disorders such as Parkinson's disease. The market for transdermal drug delivery is analyzed according to technologies and therapeutic areas from 2009 to 2019. This market is analyzed according to geographical regions as well.
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved