SAN JOSE, Calif., April 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Wellcore Corporation, a Silicon Valley-based company dedicated to developing products that promote wellness and safety, begins shipping its highly anticipated Wellcore system today. Designed for seniors who want to stay safe and live more active, independent lives, the Wellcore system offers automatic fall detection, online wellness monitoring, text-to-speech messaging and will work outside of the home, unlike other fall detection devices. The Wellcore system is available at www.wellcore.com, goldviolin.com and will be available at firststreet.com next week with more retail e-commerce sites and stores soon to be announced.
Targeting the growing aging population, the Wellcore system is the most advanced, intuitive and affordable Mobile Personal Emergency Response System (MPERS), which can distinguish falls from other types of motion with unprecedented accuracy. In the event help is needed, Wellcore automatically sends emergency services and alerts to designated caregivers and family. The Wellcore system summons help with or without the push of a button, reminds the wearer to put it on, and works anywhere -- including outside of the home -- in conjunction with a Wellcore-compatible cell phone.
"Automatic fall detection is key to getting help to seniors when they have accidental falls --and the Wellcore system's sophisticated motion detection knows if you've fallen so help can be sent immediately," said Wellcore founder and chief executive officer Vijay Nadkarni. "Keeping seniors safe, active, and independent was our number one goal in designing the Wellcore system and we are excited to bring a solution to the market that both protects seniors and gives caregivers and family peace of mind."
The Wellcore system offers the following benefits:
- Detects falls automatically and sends help in an emergency. Wellcore distinguishes falls from other types of motion with unprecedented accuracy—all without having to press a button. When a fall is automatically detected, a Wellcore specialist contacts the wearer to assess the level of urgency. If an emergency is determined Wellcore sends emergency services and alerts designated caregivers .The button can also be pressed at any time to initiate the same immediate response.
- Sends reminders if not worn. When not being worn, Wellcore sends friendly reminders through the base unit and a notification appears on the online website. If the Personal Activity Monitor is left unworn for an extended period of time, designated caregivers or family members are notified.
- Personal activity monitoring and online dashboard for at-a-glance reassurance. Accessible 24/7, a password-protected website, available to users and their designated caregivers, tracks motion and learns daily patterns over time, highlighting significant changes when they occur. The website also displays notifications and alerts concerning everyday activity and safety.
- Delivers voice messages from loved ones. Text messages created on the online dashboard are converted to voice and played on the base unit, similar to voice messages on an answering machine, keeping family members and seniors connected.
- Keeps you safe on the go. When paired with a Wellcore-compatible cell phone, Wellcore allows 24/7 protection anywhere within the cell phone's coverage range. When a fall is detected, the cell phone summons emergency responders to the exact location of the fall using the cell phone's GPS, and caregivers are alerted.
- Innovative design. Made of brushed aluminum, the Wellcore device and base unit feature contemporary, intuitive design. Unlike other personal emergency response devices, the Wellcore system is stylish as well as water resistant.
Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Wellcore Corporation's mission is to develop wireless products and services that improve wellness, safety and security. The company was founded in 2007 by leaders in the wireless industry, inspired to build technology that uses motion detection and advanced pattern recognition to help improve everyday life. In Spring 2010 the Wellcore system begins shipping, targeted at the aging population. Products addressing a broad range of market segments will follow. For more information, please visit www.wellcore.com.
Related medicine technology :1
. iFuse Implant System(TM) to be Presented at Leading Minimally Invasive Spine Surgical Meetings2
. The Vanishing Oath, the First Physician-Focused Documentary on the Dangers of the American Healthcare System, Launches on DVD May 53
. Bio-Optronics bioPoint(TM) Patient ID Wristband System Enhancing Patient Safety4
. Flexuspine Receives FDA Conditional Approval to Begin a Feasibility Study of Its FSU (Functional Spinal Unit) Total Spine Arthroplasty System in the United States5
. Dehaier Medical Systems Announces Closing of Initial Public Offering on NASDAQ6
. McBain Systems Named Fast-Growing Regional Microscope Dealer7
. FDA Approves First Totally Implanted Hearing System8
. ThermalTherapeutic Systems, Inc. Announces the Addition of Former MEDRAD Executive Alan Hirschman, PhD to the Board of Directors9
. Rauland-Borg and Visonic Technologies Collaboration Brings Enhanced RTLS Functionality to the Responder 5(R) Nurse Call System10
. BioVigil Releases Second-Generation Hand Hygiene Monitoring System11
. Patient Safety Technologies, Inc., Contracts to Implement the Safety-Sponge(TM) System at The Mount Sinai Hospital in New York