NEW YORK, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
The Russian market is potentially huge, given its population and potential wealth of natural resources. Health expenditure remains low however, and patients are often forced to rely on out-ofpocket payments for treatment. A system of medical insurance is in place, but it is badly managed and the quality of treatment varies from region to region.
The Russian healthcare system retains many of its Soviet-era characteristics, remaining bureaucratic and inefficient. However, the government?s national „health? project aims to improve healthcare standards. Since the project?s implementation, numerous medical facilities have been upgraded and a substantial number of medical personnel have been awarded salary increases. In 2011, the Russian market for medical equipment and supplies is estimated at US$5,961.3 million. Per capita spending is low by European standards at US$42 per capita. This is despite rapid growth, especially of imported products, in the 2006-08 period.
Russian medical device manufacturers are generally small and under-capitalised, and tend to produce obsolete products; they can only compete with Western products in terms of cost. The country has a strong scientific research base but has no experience of commercialising new products. Exports are low and centred on other former USSR markets.
Around 73% of the market is supplied by imports. Germany, the '/>"/>
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Baylor University Medical Center activates Allscripts electronic health record system
2. UBM Canon MedTech Group & DuPont Partner to Create Medical Packaging Innovation, Europes New Online Community for the Medical Device Packaging Industry
3. Shiel Medical Laboratorys Oxidized LDL Triple Marker Test Uncovers Symptoms of Latent Heart Disease Better than Standard Lipid Test
4. MEMS Devices Shape Medical Industry, Microsystem Devices to Reach $6.6 billion in 2018
5. Varian Medical Systems Supports Program to Tap Brain Power of Research and Development Community in Russia
6. The Medical Device Market: India
7. The Medical Device Market: Brazil
8. Vasomedical, Inc. Investor Presentation Now Available for On-demand Viewing at RetailInvestorConferences.com
9. Aethlon Medical, Inc. Investor Presentation Now Available for On-demand Viewing at RetailInvestorConferences.com
10. Medical Devices Research: Country Reports on Market Profile, Competitive Environment and more at RnRMarketResearch.com
11. TorkLaw Responds to FDA Warning Letter to St. Jude Medical Regarding Defective Heart Device; Now Representing Patients in 15 States