SAN DIEGO, July 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Live is pleased to announce the return of MEDevice Forum San Diego's Design of Implantable Devices Conference. This two-day educational forum will be held from Wednesday, September 19 through Thursday, September 20 at the San Diego Convention Center.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20101214/LA16070LOGO )
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120720/LA43844LOGO-b )
The Design of Implantable Devices Conference features insight on overcoming the challenges faced by those designing medical devices of this specialization. Experienced professionals will deliver case-study sessions on improving total risk management and the most recent components and materials available for use in implantable devices. Attendees will also hear directly from FDA officials about inspection criteria and new regulations surrounding materials.
Top speakers for the program include:
- Prabhakar Tamirisa, Battery Research & Technology Group, Medtronic Energy and Components Center
- Michael Root, Ph.D., Fellow, Boston Scientific
- Jonathan Severino, Manager of QE/QC Process Control, B. Braun Medical Inc.
- Thomas Webster, Ph.D., Editor, International Journal of Nanomedicine, Brown University
- Joanne Zeltinger, VP Scientific Affairs, REVA Medical, Inc.
- Xin Fu, Pharmacologist, FDA/CDRH/ODE/DRGUD/ULDB
- Jim Curtis, Technology Leader, Healthcare, Dow Corning
This is the only conference in North America to take a full scope view of the design of implantable medical devices, and is recommended for anyone involved with this medical manufacturing specialty.
Conference topics include:
- The Premarket Review Process & Materials Regulations for Implantable Medical Devices (presented by the FDA Office of Device Evaluation)
- Biological Implications of Material Selection to Tissue Regeneration and the Wound Healing Process
- The Impact of Material Degradation and Resorption
- An Overview of Rechargeable and Primary Batteries for Implanted Medical Devices
- Nanomaterials, Nanoparticles and Nanocoatings
- Medical Devices Implanted or Injected into the Human Body
- Silicone Biomaterial Applications
- How to Evaluate a Technology with No Available Guidance Documents or Test Standards
- New Trends for Implantable Medical Device Packaging
- Expanding beyond ISO : Materials testing that you should do but probably don't
Additional Benefits of Attending:
- Admission to the MEDevice Supplier Showcase, featuring the industry's leading suppliers in the adjacent exhibit hall.
- Several technology presentations and keynote speakers at the Innovation Briefs Theater.
- A number of networking events, including a networking reception hosted by the Tijuana EDC.
- Complimentary bus tours of medical device manufacturing facilities in Baja, California the day before the event.
For more information and to register, please visit MEDeviceForum.com.
MEDevice Forum San Diego
September 19-20, 2012
San Diego Convention Center – Hall F
111 West Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
About UBM Live
UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. Related medicine technology :1
. TeraDiscoveries to Use its Inverse Design Software Running on Windows Azure to Advance Its Computational Drug Discovery Process2
. Telik Announces the Publication of Two Reports in the Journal Of Hematology & Oncology Describing the Results of a Clinical Study of Telintra® in Combination With Revlimid® and a Genomic Study Designed to Identify Genes That Predict Response to Teli3
. UBM Canon and MD+DI Proudly Announce 25 Innovative Products as Winners of the 2012 Medical Design Excellence Awards4
. Breathe Technologies Non-Invasive Open Ventilation (NIOV™) System Receives Medical Design Award5
. Nektar Announces that FDA Grants Fast Track Designation to NKTR-181, a New Oral Opioid Analgesic Molecule, for the Treatment of Moderate to Severe Chronic Pain6
. Anthony Creed Joins DDSTUDIO As GM, Experience Design7
. CSL Behring Receives FDA Orphan Drug Designation for rIX-FP, a Novel Therapy in Development to Treat Congenital Factor IX Deficiency (Hemophilia B)8
. UBM Canon, the Global MedTech Authority, and the Medical Design Excellence Awards Honored Dr. Thomas Fogarty with the 2012 Lifetime Achievement Award9
. Derry Medical and Derry Imaging Select Calypso for Website Redesign10
. Spot Vision Screener wins Bronze in International Design Excellence Awards11
. WaferGen Bio-systems Launches MyDesign - Setting a New Standard in Flexibility with an Open Format High-Throughput qPCR Platform