"Peripheral vascular disease management continues to be a major clinical problem," said Dr. Angle. "We need better tools to improve revascularization of femoral-popliteal vessels. I applaud Terumo's efforts to advance this field."
The MISAGO Self-expanding Stent consists of a nitinol stent pre-mounted on the distal portion of a rapid-exchange delivery catheter system. The stent has three radiopaque markers located on each end of the stent to help ensure accurate placement in the lesion. The stent is currently available for sale in Europe.
"We are eager to move forward with the first harmonized clinical trial in the U.S. and Japan," said Juichi (Jim) Takeuchi, President and CEO, Terumo Medical Corporation. "We are not only proud of the MISAGO Stent, but also of Terumo's selection to participate in this precedent-setting international collaborative effort between regulators, industry, clinical researchers, patients, and academia. We look forward to initiating our first PMA clinical trial in the United States and to bringing innovative new interventional technology to market to improve patients' quality of life."
For more information, customers can contact Tamera Barry-Lawal, Terumo Project Manager, at 732.302.4955.
SOURCE Terumo Interventional Systems
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Terumo Heart to Announce Results of European Clinical Trial of DuraHeart(TM) LVAS at European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons Meeting in September
2. Terumo Heart Reports Summary of DuraHeart(TM) LVAS Clinical Trial Results
3. Terumo Heart Summarizes Results of DuraHeart(TM) LVAS Implants
4. Terumo Heart Obtains IRB Approval from the University of Michigan to Initiate DuraHeart(TM) Left Ventricular Assist System U.S. Pivotal Trial
5. Terumo Heart, Inc. Reports Clinical Progress in the DuraHeart(TM) U.S. Pivotal Trial as NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center Implants First Patient
6. Terumo Heart, Inc. Reaches Clinical Milestone as the 100th Patient Worldwide Receives the DuraHeart(TM) Left Ventricular Assist System
7. Terumo Cardiovascular Systems Initiates U.S. Clinical Trial for Anaconda(TM) AAA Stent Graft System
8. Terumo to Sponsor Presentations on Key Issues in Cardiac and Vascular Surgery at Society of Thoracic Surgeons Annual Meeting
9. New Phase 3 Study in Treatment-Naive Adults with HIV Evaluates Efficacy and Safety of Once-Daily PREZISTA(TM)/ritonavir vs. KALETRA(R) as Part of HIV Combination Therapy
10. Intellect Neurosciences, Inc. and CHDI, Inc. Enter Into Compound Testing Agreement to Evaluate OXIGON(TM) as a Potential Treatment for Huntington Disease
11. Symbollon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Evaluates the Clinical Effects of IoGen(TM) on Fibrocystic Breast Disease