ANN ARBOR, Mich., Sept. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Terumo Heart, Inc. announced today that it had a successful European Launch Symposium at the European Association of Cardio-Thoracic Surgeons (EACTS) meeting in Geneva, Switzerland.
A summary of the European Clinical Trial results for the DuraHeart(TM) Left Ventricular Assist System (LVAS) was presented by Dr. Aly El-Banayosy from the Heart Center Nordrhein-Westfalen in Bad Oeynhausen, Germany, followed by the presentation "The Emerging New Era of Mechanical Circulatory Support," by Dr. Eric Rose of Columbia University Medical Center in New York.
The symposium highlighted the DuraHeart device, as well as the BioValsalva Aortic Valved Conduit developed by Vascutek Ltd, a Terumo Company.
A summary of DuraHeart LVAS clinical results to-date (as of September 15, 2007):
* Patients enrolled = 33
* Median age (years) = 57 (29-73)
* Mean support duration (days) = 231194 (range: 17-803)
* Cumulative support duration = 7610 days (> 20 years)
* 7 patients (21%) supported > 1 year, and one supported > 2 years.
* 12 patients (36%) remain on support with a mean duration > 1 year (375
* Kaplan Meier survival at 1 and 2 years was: 77% (all patients), 80% (<65
yrs), 90% (<60 yrs) and 100% (<50)
Chisato Nojiri, M.D., Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer for Terumo Heart, Inc., said; "We have had a number of significant milestones this year, most importantly receiving the CE Mark and a successful commercial launch in Europe."
The interest from surgeons at the EACTS has been extremely good. Dr.
Nojiri commented, "We have been very pleased w
|SOURCE Terumo Heart, Inc.|
Copyright©2007 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved