PALO ALTO, Calif., Nov. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Telik, Inc. (Nasdaq: TELK) today reported a net loss of $6.1 million, or $0.11 per share, for the third quarter ended September 30, 2009, compared with a net loss of $8.0 million, or $0.15 per share, for the comparable period in 2008.
For the quarter ended September 30, 2009, total operating costs and expenses were $6.2 million, compared with $7.8 million in the 2008 third quarter. Operating expenses in the 2009 third quarter included stock-based compensation expense of approximately $0.5 million, compared with approximately $1.6 million in the 2008 third quarter. Operating expenses were approximately 21% lower in the third quarter of 2009 compared with the same period in 2008, primarily due to lower headcount, reduced research and clinical trial expenses and lower stock compensation expense.
For the nine months ended September 30, 2009, Telik reported a net loss of $19.5 million, or $0.37 per share, compared with a net loss of $31.4 million, or $0.59 per share, for the same period in 2008. Total operating expenses for the first nine months of 2009 were $20.2 million, compared with $29.5 million for the same period in 2008. Operating expenses in the first nine months of 2009 included approximately $1.8 million in stock-based compensation expense, compared with approximately $4.9 million in the 2008 third quarter. The reduction in operating expenses of approximately 31% in the first nine months of 2009 compared with the same period in 2008 was primarily due to lower headcount, reduced research and clinical trial expenses and lower stock-based compensation expense.
At September 30, 2009, Telik had $45.2 million in cash, cash equivalents and investments including restricted investments, compared to $63.5 million at December 31, 2008.
SOURCE Telik, Inc.
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Telik Announces Presentation of Preclinical Data on Dual Inhibitors of Aurora Kinases and VEGFR2
2. Telik Announces Preclinical Data Demonstrating Anti-Cancer Activity of Dual Inhibitors of Aurora Kinase and VEGFR2
3. Telik Announces Telintra Presentation at American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting
4. Telik Announces Initiation of Two Phase 2 Randomized TELINTRA Studies
5. Teliks Proteasome Inhibitor Program Meets a Preclinical Development Milestone
6. Telik Announces Presentation at ASCO Annual Meeting
7. Telik Announces Publication of Positive Phase 1 Results of a Multicenter Study of Ezatiostat Hydrochloride (TELINTRA(R), TLK199) Tablets In Patients With Myelodysplastic Syndrome
8. Telik Announces Publication of Positive Phase 1-2a Results of a Multicenter Study of TELCYTA(R) in Combination With Carboplatin and Paclitaxel in Patients With Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
9. Dendreon Announces Publication of Phase 1 Study Highlighting Immunologic and Clinical Activity of Lapuleucel-T (Neuvenge(R)) in Advanced Breast Cancer Patients
10. EDAP Announces Launch of Clinical Study Combining HIFU and Chemotherapy for Localized Aggressive High Risk Prostate Cancer
11. Cephalon Announces Positive Results from a Pivotal Study of FENTORA in Opioid-tolerant Patients with Non-cancer Breakthrough Pain