SALT LAKE CITY, Feb. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- TechniScan, Inc.'s (OTC Bulletin Board: TSNI) cofounder and scientist-mathematician, James Wiskin, Ph.D, will be a presenting speaker at the SPIE Medical Imaging Conference in San Diego this weekend.
The TechniScan Warm Bath Ultra Sound (WBU™) system, capable of 3-dimensional whole breast imaging, is a result of Wiskin's and colleague David Borup's, Ph. D., groundbreaking work in the mathematics of inverse scattering. Wiskin will be presenting "Inverse Scattering and Refraction Corrected Reflection for Breast Imaging" to attendees of the SPIE conference at the Town and Country Resort & Convention Center.
SPIE is a non-profit international society for the exchange, collection and dissemination of knowledge in optics, photonics and imaging engineering. SPIE organizes conferences, courses and exhibitions covering many aspects and applications of modern technology.
"The WBU system is the culmination of many years of concentrated effort. We are pleased to present our state-of-the-art technology and scientific development to such a distinguished group," said David Robinson, the company's chief executive officer.
Wiskin is a cofounder and co-inventor of the fundamental imaging algorithms used by TechniScan to produce whole breast ultrasound images. His research includes inverse scattering theory, image processing; and acoustic, electromagnetic, and elastic wave propagation. His dissertation at the University of
SOURCE TechniScan, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. In Preparation for Commercialization of SVARA(TM), TechniScan Appoints Joe Pepper, PhD to Board of Directors
2. 38.7 Million People Break Guinness World Record for Stand Up Speak Out on International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
3. University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine Study Shows Significant Differences in English- and Spanish-speakers Use of Oncology Websites
4. Iomai CEO to Speak at Acumen BioFin Rodman & Renshaw Annual Healthcare Conference on Monday, Nov. 5
5. Nobel Laureate Dr. Gunter Blobel to Speak at Florida Atlantic University
6. Cequent Pharmaceuticals Johannes Fruehauf, MD, Ph.D., to be Featured Speaker at RNAi World Congress in Boston - May 2, 2008
7. Dr. Ari Kiev to be Featured Speaker at Biotechnology Conference Wall Street Unplugged: The Trout Group Investor Seminar in New York July 30
8. HIV Prevention Expert Dr. Timothy Mastro Speaks on Future of Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis at International AIDS Conference
9. Joint Commission Urges Patients to Speak Up About Pain
10. ASGE Encourages Patients to Speak to Their Doctor About Colorectal Cancer Screening Options
11. Stem Cell Pioneer to Speak to A.L.L. Personhood Conference