SAN DIEGO, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Tandem Diabetes Care, Inc. ("Tandem") today announced the appointment of Lonnie Smith as Chairman of its Board of Directors. Mr. Smith is Chairman of the Board and former chief executive officer of Intuitive Surgical. He succeeds Dick Allen , who will continue as a member of the Board.
"Lonnie is an ideal Board leader for the Company at this exciting juncture in our evolution," said Dick Allen . "I am confident that with Lonnie's strategic guidance, the very successful operating experience of our CEO, Kim Blickenstaff , and the talents of our committed employees, we will significantly expand our commercial capabilities to get the t:slim Insulin Pump and our future products in the hands of people in the diabetes community who can benefit from them most."
"I am honored to be named Chairman and am committed to maximizing the opportunities we have at Tandem," said Lonnie Smith . "The t:slim Insulin Pump is an exciting product, and I believe Tandem's development pipeline includes technology that will change the face of infusion therapy for people with diabetes."
Lonnie Smith 's career in the medical device industry spans more than four decades. Mr. Smith is Chairman of the Board and an executive officer of Intuitive Surgical, where he previously served as chief executive officer from May 1997 to January 1, 2010. Prior to joining Intuitive Surgical, Mr. Smith was senior executive vice president for Hillenbrand Industries, and he has also held positions with The Boston Consulting Group and IBM Corporation. Mr. Smith received his MBA from Harvard Business School and a BS in Electrical Engineering from Utah State University.
About Tandem Diabetes Care,
SOURCE Tandem Diabetes Care, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Tandem Diabetes Care Acquires Select Patents and Patent Applications from Smiths Medical
2. Data Related to Chimerixs Antiviral CMX001 to be Presented in Three Poster Sessions at the BMT Tandem Meetings
3. Data Demonstrating the Safety and Efficacy of Chimerixs Antiviral CMX001 Presented at BMT Tandem Meetings
4. Lexicon Receives Funding for Phase 2 Clinical Trial of LX4211 in Type 1 Diabetes
5. Lilly Sets Date for Lilly Diabetes Pipeline Update to the Investment Community
6. Islet Sciences Announces Exclusive License Agreement with Yale University to Commercialize an Early Beta Cell Destruction and Diabetes Diagnostic
7. CASiGEN Pharma Receives A World-wide Exclusive License From GIBH To Bring New Potential Diabetes Treatments To The Global Market
8. Lilly Diabetes Presents Phase II Blood Pressure and Heart Rate Data on Investigational GLP-1 Analog Candidate, Dulaglutide, in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes at the 27th American Society of Hypertension Scientific Meeting
9. Valeritas Inc. Selects dLifes New Diabetes Patient Engagement Solution For Valeritas V-go Disposable Insulin Delivery Device
10. Jentadueto® (linagliptin/metformin hydrochloride) tablets recommended for approval in the treatment of adults with type 2 diabetes in Europe
11. Janssen Research & Development Submits New Drug Application to U.S. FDA for Canagliflozin to Treat Patients with Type 2 Diabetes