Takeda plans to leverage its Peru sales platform with a steady stream of product launches from its existing portfolio and R&D pipeline.
Julio Cesar Acevedo Orrego has been appointed country manager for Peru. He joins the organization from Takeda Colombia, where he has built up and headed the Takeda Sales and Marketing organization following the acquisition of Farmacol Laboratories. He will lead the start-up team which will grow steadily as the Company expands its portfolio and enters new therapeutic areas.
"The launch of our subsidiary in Peru reinforces Takeda's position in Latin America and will enable us to meet the diverse healthcare needs of the population. We have an established product portfolio, which will give us a strong starting point and we look forward to launching our novel medicines into the market," said Norbert Oppitz, Senior Vice President, Latin America, at Takeda. "This investment further demonstrates our commitment to Latin America and its growth potential."
[*]Data Source：© 2012 IMS Health. All rights reserved. Estimate based on Market Prognosis Global 2012-2016.
About Takeda Pharmaceuticals International GmbH
Headquartered in Zurich as a wholly owned subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Osaka, Japan, the company has a commercial presence covering more than 70 countries, with particular strength in Asia, North America, Europe and fast-growing emerging markets including Latin
SOURCE Takeda Pharmaceuticals International GmbH
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Data Published in the New England Journal of Medicine for Vedolizumab, an Investigational New Drug from Takeda for Moderately to Severely Active Ulcerative Colitis and Crohns Disease
2. Among New Agents Entering the Unipolar Depression Market Over the Next Decade, Lundbeck/Takeda Pharmaceuticals Brintellix Has Blockbuster Potential
3. Takeda Submits Biologics License Application for a New Investigational Drug Vedolizumab, in Moderately to Severely Active Crohns Disease and Ulcerative Colitis in the United States
4. Takeda Type 2 Diabetes Therapies, NESINA (alogliptin) and Fixed-Dose Combinations KAZANO (alogliptin and metformin HCl) and OSENI (alogliptin and pioglitazone), Are Now Available in Pharmacies in the United States
5. AGA Research Foundation Announces Endowment Gift from Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. to Support Gastroenterology Research
6. Takeda to Acquire Inviragen, Inc.
7. Takeda Responds to Verdict in Diabetes Drug Case
8. Takeda Launches New Subsidiary in Ecuador
9. Takeda lanza nueva subsidiaria en Ecuador
10. Scripps Research Institute and Takeda Pharmaceuticals Announce Expanded Research Collaboration
11. Takeda presenta la richiesta di autorizzazione allimmissione in commercio nellUnione Europea per Vedolizumab nella colite ulcerosa moderata-grave e nella malattia di Crohn