Common symptoms of reflux disease are persistent heartburn and regurgitation, i.e. pain or burning in the chest, stomach acid rising into the oesophagus, sour taste in the mouth and burning in the throat. The prevalence of GERD has increased over the last 20 years.,
Tecta® (pantoprazole magnesium) is a proton pump inhibitor used for the treatment of reflux esophagitis, gastric and duodenal ulcers, Zollinger-Ellison-Syndrome and other pathological hypersecretory conditions.
Takeda has a long heritage of focusing on bringing relief to patients affected by having to live with upper gastrointestinal disorders through the development of innovative treatments and through professional partnerships that support efforts to educate the medical and patient communities.
Other PPIs marketed by the Takeda Group include: Pantoprazole sodium available in more than 90 countries under a variety of brand names and formulations, including Pantozol®, Somac®, Controloc®, Pantoloc® and Zurcal®. In the US, Pantoprazole sodium is marketed by Takeda's partner, Pfizer Inc., under the brand name Protonix®. Prevacid® (lansoprazole) is a well-known PPI in around 90 markets, and Dexilant™ (dexlansoprazole), the first PPI with a novel dual delayed release technology.
About Takeda Pharmaceuticals International GmbH
Headquartered in Zurich as a wholly owned subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Osaka, Japan, the company has a commercial presence covering more than 70 countries, with particular strength in Asia, North America, Europe and fast-growing emerging markets including La
SOURCE Takeda Pharmaceuticals International GmbH
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. FDA Advisory Committee Recommends Approval of Takedas Investigational Biologic Vedolizumab
2. Takedas Deerfield Campus Among Chicago Tribunes 2013 Top 100 Workplaces
3. Orexigen and Takeda Announce Multiple Contrave Data Presentations at the ObesityWeek Meeting in Atlanta
4. A Balanced Risk-Benefit Profile Will Propel Orexigen/Takedas Contrave to Become the Most Widely Used Emerging Therapy for the Treatment of Obese and Overweight Patients
5. Takeda Cares Day Raises $63,700
6. Takedas Deerfield Campus Ranked Among 2013 Working Mother 100 Best Companies
7. Lo studio EXAMINE della Takeda sulla sicurezza cardiovascolare di alogliptin in aggiunta alla terapia standard ha soddisfatto lendpoint primario di non inferiorità rispetto al placebo dimostrando che non si verifica nessun incremento del rischio ca
8. Takeda and Arbor Announce a Licensing Agreement for EDARBI and EDARBYCLOR
9. Takedas New Investigational Drug Vedolizumab is Granted Priority Review Status by U.S. Food and Drug Administration for Ulcerative Colitis
10. Takeda EXAMINE Cardiovascular Safety Outcomes Trial of Alogliptin Met Primary Endpoint of Non-Inferiority Compared to Placebo in Addition to Standard of Care Showing No Increase in Cardiovascular Risk in Type 2 Diabetes Patients at High-Risk for Car
11. Takeda and Zinfandel Pharmaceuticals Initiate Phase 3 TOMMORROW Trial of AD-4833 for the Delay of Onset of Mild Cognitive Impairment Due to Alzheimers Disease in Subjects Selected Using a Genetic-Based Biomarker Risk Assignment Algorithm