DALLAS, Sept. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) expanded its award-winning ADS1298 analog front end (AFE) family today with the industry's lowest-noise electroencephalography (EEG) AFE, enabling non-invasive monitoring of brain waves. The 24-bit, 8-channel ADS1299 is the first simultaneously sampling EEG AFE with input-referred-noise as low as 1 uVpp, more than 75-percent lower than the alternative EEG AFEs. When used in a 32-electrode EEG, the device also reduces board space by 70 percent while reducing bill of materials (BOM) 40 percent. For information or to order samples, visit www.ti.com/ads1299-pr.
The ADS1299 was designed for manufacturers of extra-cranial biopotential measurement equipment who want to reduce board space, design time and cost while improving performance. It can be used in EEG equipment to monitor bispectral index, evoked potentials and event-related potentials to diagnose brain injuries, strokes and sleep disorders. The ADS1299 can also be used in ultra-high-performance medical diagnostic and research-grade electrocardiogram (ECG) equipment.
Key features and benefits of the ADS1299:
- Reduces board space, BOM cost:
- Integrates eight low-noise programmable gain amplifiers, eight high-resolution analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), test signals, bias amplifier, oscillator and reference.
- When used in a 32-electrode EEG, the ADS1299 significantly reduces board space and BOM compared to alternative EEG AFEs, which provide fewer channels and require additional external components to reduce noise.
- Highest performance available: With input-referred noise as low as 1 uVpp at 70-Hz bandwidth and a common mode rejection ratio of -120 dB, 10-dB better than the competition, the ADS1299 enables extra-cranial biopotential measurement, even in the presence of large electromagnetic interference signals.
- Increases equipment reliability: Continuous lead-off detection option notifies medical staff when electrodes disconnect.
- Pin-compatible to reduce design costs, decrease time to market: Pin compatible with the following devices in the ADS1298 family: eight-channel ADS1298, ADS1298R and ADS1198; six-channel ADS1296, ADS1296R and ADS1196; four-channel ADS1294, ADS1294R and ADS1194. This enables medical equipment manufacturers to design complete lines of products with one EEG/ECG device family, reducing overall design costs and significantly decreasing time to market.
Tools and support
The ADS1299 Performance Demonstration Kit (ADS1299EEG-FE) includes easy-to-use evaluation software; built-in analysis tools, including oscilloscope, FFT and histogram displays; flexible input configurations; optional external reference circuits; and the ability to export data in simple test files for post processing. An IBIS model to verify board signal integrity requirements is also available.
Availability and packaging
The ADS1299 is available today in a 10-mm by 10-mm QFP package for $US36 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Find out more about TI's analog front end and medical portfolio at the links below:
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Related medicine technology :1
|SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated|
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. Analog Integrated Circuits (IC) Market to 2016 - Electric Vehicles and Portable Medical Equipment Segments to be Main Source of Future Growth2
. TI introduces the industrys first weigh scale and body composition analog front end3
. Lilly Diabetes Presents Phase II Blood Pressure and Heart Rate Data on Investigational GLP-1 Analog Candidate, Dulaglutide, in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes at the 27th American Society of Hypertension Scientific Meeting4
. From Cloning Dolly the Sheep to Curing Blindness, Scotland is on the Forefront of Life Science Discoveries5
. Hill-Rom Reports Fiscal Third Quarter Results; Announces Aspen Surgical Acquisition; Lowers Full Year Financial Outlook6
. GlaxoSmithKlines (GSK) $3 Billion Whistleblower Settlement Has Paid for One Of Americas Most Expensive Failed Corporate Internal Investigations, Qui Tam Whistleblowers Attorneys Say7
. New Analysis Shows Illicit Drug Use May Vary by Payer Type: Detection Rates as High as 17 Percent8
. Elekta Technology at Work in 100 Percent of Americas Top Cancer Hospitals9
. Volcano Corporation Reports 13 Percent Growth In Second Quarter Revenues; FFR Disposable Revenues Increase 38 Percent10
. Amgens Second Quarter 2012 Revenues Increased 13 Percent To $4.5 Billion And Adjusted Earnings Per Share (EPS) Increased 34 Percent To $1.8311
. Six-Year Follow-Up Data for SPRYCEL®? (dasatinib) 100 mg Once Daily Demonstrates 71 Percent Overall Survival in Patients with Chronic-Phase Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia Resistant or Intolerant to Imatinib