Earlier this year Stryker announced a collaboration with K9s For Warriors, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing service canines to military veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disability, traumatic brain injury or other trauma as a result of military service post 9/11. As one of many activities dedicated to the military during Charles Schwab Cup, Stryker will host a special ceremony to present one veteran hero with a sponsored service dog. Over the course of the year, Stryker has presented three other service dogs to military veterans across the country, in addition to making a donation to the organization for every Stryker hat purchased at the Stryker Mobility Zone.
"I'm very proud of the relationship Stryker has developed with the PGA TOUR over the years, combining our mission to educate people about joint health with our commitment to honoring our military," said Bill Huffnagle, President, Stryker's Reconstructive Division. "We are excited for next year and are looking forward to seeing the relationship continue to evolve."
Additionally, fans attending the tournament are encouraged to stop by the Stryker Mobility Zone to participate in the Stryker Challenge, a series of golf-inspired activities related to joint health and mobility. While at the Stryker Mobility Zone, fans can learn more about hip and knee pain treatment options, and how they can enter for a chance to win a trip for two to TPC® Sawgrass to play alongside former PLAYERS Championship winners and Stryker ambassadors, Fred Funk and Hal Sutton.1,2
For additional information on the Stryker Challenge as well as K9s For Warriors involvement, please visit: www.StrykerChallenge.com.
- Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) are not eligible to enter the Stryker Challenge Sweepstakes or participate in the any of these promotions. HCPs are defined as those individuals or entities involved in the provision of health care services and/or items to patients, which purchase, lease, recommend, use, arrange for the purchase or lease of, or prescribe Stryker's products.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law. For official rules visit StrykerChallenge.com. Open to legal residents of the US & US Territories, 21+ as of date of entry. Sweepstakes begins at 12 am ET on 3/21/16 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on 11/13/16. Sponsored by Stryker.
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.
About PGA TOUR
The PGA TOUR is the world's premier membership organization for touring professional golfers, co-sanctioning more than 130 tournaments on the PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions, Web.com Tour, PGA TOUR Latinoamérica, Mackenzie Tour-PGA TOUR Canada and PGA TOUR China.
The PGA TOUR's mission is to entertain and inspire its fans, deliver substantial value to its partners, create outlets for volunteers to give back, generate significant charitable and economic impact in the communities in which it plays, and provide financial opportunities for TOUR players.
Worldwide, PGA TOUR tournaments are broadcast to more than 1 billion households in 226 countries and territories in 32 languages. Virtually all tournaments are organized as non-profit organizations in order to maximize charitable giving. In 2015, tournaments across all Tours generated a record $160 million for local and national charitable organizations, bringing the all-time total to $2.3 billion.
The PGA TOUR's web site is PGATOUR.COM, the No. 1 site in golf, and the organization is headquartered in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160706/386690LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/stryker-orthopaedics-to-honor-veteran-with-donation-of-fourth-service-dog-with-k9s-for-warriors-at-charles-schwab-cup-championship-300359115.html
Related medicine technology :
1. Stryker And DePuy Pinnacle Hip Lawsuit Settlement News Update
2. Hal Sutton Becomes Spokesperson for Stryker Orthopaedics
3. Law Offices of John David Hart: What Went Wrong with the Stryker ShapeMatch Cutting Guides?
4. United States Regenerative Medicine Market Analysis to 2016 Featuring Baxter, Medtronic, Stryker & Zimmer
5. Stryker Brand Ambassadors Fred Funk And Hal Sutton Set To Play At 3M Championship
6. Stryker, The Official Joint Replacement Products Of The PGA TOUR, Welcomes Golf Fans To Its Home State Of New Jersey For The Barclays
7. Stryker, Official Joint Replacement Products Of The PGA TOUR, Heads To Boston For The Deutsche Bank Championship
8. Global Gynecological Devices Market 2014-2018: Key Vendors are Bayer, Boston Scientific, CooperSurgical, Ethicon, Hologic, Medtronic, Olympus and Stryker
9. Health Care Equipment Equities under the Scanner - Medtronic, Abbott Laboratories, Stryker, Zeltiq Aesthetics, and EnteroMedics
10. Global Laparoscopic Devices Market 2014-2018: Key Vendors are Cardinal Health, Covidien, Ethicon Endo-Surgery, KARL STORZ, Olympus Europa and Stryker
11. Stryker Mobility Zone Makes Final Stop Of 2014 At Charles Schwab Cup Championship