FRANKLIN, Mass., March 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Arthrosurface's Board of Directors announced that Steven Ek was named the Company's President and Chief Executive Officer, effective November 20, 2012. Mr. Ek is one of the original founders in Arthrosurface and a Director since inception. Mr. Ek has a broad and diverse 25-year career that includes executive positions in operations and product development. Prior to Arthrosurface, Mr. Ek served as Vice President of Engineering at STD Med, Inc., an OEM manufacturer of medical devices and he spent 9 years at Smith & Nephew Endoscopy where he was the Director of R & D.
Steve Tallarida , Chairman of the Board, said, "We are pleased to name Steve Ek as Arthrosurface President and Chief Executive Officer. He knows our products and industry extremely well. Since launching the Company in 2002, Steve has proven to be a highly effective leader, and he has won the confidence of employees, customers and the Board. We are excited about Arthrosurface's future under Steve and believe our shareholders and customers will benefit from his dedication and focus."
Mr. Ek said, "I look forward to working with the Board and our people throughout the organization to maximize our strengths, build on our leadership positions and create value for our business. Our ten year anniversary is particularly exciting for our organization and I am very proud of our ability to continuously bring new and unique products to the market."
Most recently Arthrosurface launched its NanoFx technology. NanoFracture is the next generation stem cell stimulation technology. The new NanoFx system has significant design and technique improvements over traditional microfracture. Professor Peter Behrens , a surgeon collaborator from Hamburg, Germany'/>"/>
SOURCE Arthrosurface, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Dr Steven Gillis to Join Shire Board of Directors
2. Top New York City Cardiologist Dr. Steven Reisman to be Featured on Inside Edition to Discuss Mini-Strokes and Strokes
3. Dr. Prem Reddy Named Among Most Influential Physician Executives in Nation
4. Bayer Employees Named Rising Stars by Healthcare Businesswomens Association
5. Remedy Informatics Named "Cool Vendor" in Life Sciences by Leading Technology Analyst Firm
6. Dr. Phillip Chan Named Finalist for Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year® 2012 Award in New Jersey
7. Dave Zitnak Of Upsher-Smith Laboratories Named Branded Representative Of The Year By McKesson Corporation
8. StreamVenue Healthcare CEO Named Peoples Choice Winner
9. Masimo CEO Joe Kiani Named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year
10. Prime Therapeutics Named a Top Workplace by the Minneapolis Star Tribune
11. WellTok Named Colorado Company to Watch for 2012