GLEN ALLEN, Va., April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Paul L. Perito, Esquire, Chairman, President and COO of Star Scientific, Inc. (NASDAQ: STSI), issued the following statement on behalf of Star Scientific and Rock Creek Pharmaceuticals, Inc.:
Numerous plaintiffs' class action law firms have been issuing press releases and announcements since January seeking potential plaintiffs to retain them and sue the Company. These press releases and announcements that are appearing on various websites and in other media are not lawsuits. They are attempts by plaintiffs' firms to solicit plaintiffs to form class action lawsuits.
As of today, two shareholder complaints have been filed against Star Scientific. The first complaint, filed in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia on March 25, 2013, is named Reuter v. Star Scientific, Inc., et al. A second complaint, subsequently filed in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts on March 26, 2013, is named Boravian v. Star Scientific, Inc., et al. We believe that both of these complaints are without merit and we will assert numerous defenses to the claims being made. We have hired able and experienced trial counsel who have successfully defended similar class action cases. We will vigorously defend these suits, and we believe that we will ultimately be successful.
Star Scientific will not be deterred by these distractions, as we stated last week. The Company is proud of its worthy science based products, as well as the fact that these products are used by thousands of satisfied, repeat customers. We stand behind our scientific research, and that of oth
SOURCE Star Scientific, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Page: 1 2 3
Related medicine technology :
1. Star Scientific, Inc. Refutes Story Published on TheStreet.com
2. Star Scientific, Inc. Files Second-Quarter Financial Report (Net Sales and Gross Profits Continue to Increase) and Updates Research and Marketing Activities
3. Nutrastar Announces Full Year 2012 Results, Issues 2013 Revenue Guidance
4. AUGS Issues Statement Opposing The Restriction Of Surgical Options For Pelvic Floor Disorders
5. ECRI Institute Releases C-Suite Watch List of Top 10 Hospital Technology Issues for 2013
6. AbbVie Issues Inaugural Full-Year Outlook for 2013
7. Emmaus Life Sciences Issues Statement in Response to Announcement by AFH Holding & Advisory
8. Qualitest Issues Voluntary, Nationwide Recall of 101 Lots of Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen Tablets, USP 10 mg/500 mg Due to the Potential for Oversized Tablets
9. Fero Industries, Inc. Issues Corporate Update
10. CSL Behring Parent Company, CSL Limited, Issues Fourth Corporate Responsibility Report
11. Ranbaxy Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of 41 lots of Atorvastatin Calcium Tablets 10 mg, 20 mg and 40 mg Due to Potential Presence of Foreign Substance