FLORHAM PARK, N.J., Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Armada Health Care, founding sponsor of The Specialty Pharmacy Association of America (SPAARx), the largest national association representing the broad interests of the specialty pharmacy industry, today released a comprehensive Definition of Specialty Pharmacy. As the first key deliverable from the association, this definition now incorporates the newest developments in this rapidly growing industry. Additionally, the definition realigns the value proposition of specialty pharmacy from a 'product driven model' to a 'service model' with the patient as the key customer.
The first definition of specialty pharmacy was originally published in October, 2006 by the Coalition of Specialty Pharmacies, a grass-roots trade group comprised of dozens of specialty pharmacies from across the US. This group realized the need for a baseline to help payers and manufacturers better understand the role of specialty pharmacy in the marketplace. The Coalition met again in 2009 to update the definition as the specialty pharmacy industry had clearly evolved, this time more clearly defining the industry's value proposition. With the launch of Specialty Pharmacy Association of America (SPAARx) in January, 2013, a committee from the specialty pharmacy community was sanctioned to refresh the definition that is being released today.
Available for Public Comment
The Specialty Pharmacy Association of America (SPAARx) is posting the draft Definition of Specialty Pharmacy for public comment. Individuals from across the specialty pharmacy industry are invited to send their questions and suggested revisions to SPAARx through the month of March. The same committee that drafted this working version will take these comments and craft a final version that will be released by SPAARx during the Armada Specialty Pharmacy Summit on May 7th, in
SOURCE Armada Health Care
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Study Finds Utilizing Integrated Medical and Pharmacy Data Improves Ability to Forecast Use of High-cost Specialty Treatments
2. Catheters (Cardiovascular, Specialty, Urological, Neurovascular, and Intravenous) Market Will Reach USD 33.3 Billion Globally in 2017: Transparency Market Research
3. Cardinal Health Specialty Solutions Launches PathWare™ Decision Support Transaction Solutions
4. Specialty Silicone Fabricators Inaugurates New State-of-the-Art Facility in Paso Robles
5. Argus Expands Specialty Pharmacy with Amber Pharmacy Collaboration
6. Medical Oncology Association of Southern California Purchasing Network (MPN) Names Cardinal Health Specialty Solutions as its Primary Healthcare Solutions Partner
7. Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy Promotes Dr. Atheer Kaddis to Sr. Vice President of Sales and Marketing
8. Diplomat Specialty Pharmacys 2012 Physician Satisfaction Survey Results Affirm Success of Companys Education & Training Program
9. New Specialty Pharmacy Certification Board to Certify Specialty Pharmacists
10. Intrepid Investment Bankers LLC Advises A-Med Health Care in the Sale of its Specialty Pharmacy Assets to Modern HC Pharmacy, Inc., a portfolio company of Altamont Capital Partners
11. Advanced Specialty Rx