SAN DIEGO, Sept. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. (OTC QB: SRNE; Sorrento) announced today that it has secured an option to an exclusive license for the worldwide rights to Biomiga Diagnostics' (Biomiga) proprietary therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) device for paclitaxel products. The license and option agreement allows Sorrento to utilize the TDM device for the clinical development of individualized dosing regimens of Sorrento's late-stage compound, Cynviloq™ (paclitaxel polymeric micelle). Sorrento can exercise the option for exclusive rights to paclitaxel monitoring products and exclusive commercial supply by Biomiga upon the payment of $1 million within 30 days of the TDM device being ready for human clinical trials with Cynviloq.
Successful development of an oncology TDM program at the point-of-care may change the way cancer patients are treated. Biomiga's TDM device in development is intended to provide a point-of-care measurement of patient paclitaxel blood levels during chemotherapy treatment, potentially maximizing anti-tumor responses while minimizing toxicity. Paclitaxel chemotherapy treatment exhibits a narrow therapeutic window with a high variation in blood levels.
"This transaction reflects the forward-looking culture at Sorrento as we strive to become an innovator and leader in cancer therapy. Biomiga's TDM device may enable us to develop and deliver a potentially advantageous paclitaxel product for patients by establishing a new paradigm for chemotherapy," said Henry Ji, Ph.D., President and CEO of Sorrento.
About Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is a publicly-traded, development-stage biopharmaceutical company engaged in the acquisition, discovery, development and commercialization of proprietary drug therapeutics for addressing significant unmet medical needs in the Unites States, Europe
SOURCE Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Sorrento Therapeutics Completes IgDraSol Merger
2. Sorrento Therapeutics to Present at Two Healthcare Conferences
3. Sorrento Therapeutics and Ben-Gurion University Sign an Agreement for the Development of Anti-Hepatitis C Virus Antibodies
4. Sorrento Therapeutics and IGDRASOL to Present Late Stage Clinical Data Updates on their Oncology Nanomedicine Platform at the Joint Meeting of the European Foundation for Clinical Nanomedicine and European Technology Platform on Nanomedicine in Base
5. Sorrento Therapeutics Receives Frost & Sullivans Prestigious 2013 Global Investment Opportunity Award in the Oncology Market
6. Sorrento Therapeutics Receives Frost & Sullivans 2013 Global Investment Opportunity Award in Oncology
7. Sorrento Therapeutics to Present at the Jefferies 2013 Global Healthcare Conference in New York City
8. Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. announces its approach to developing human antibody therapeutics against MRSA receives continued support from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
9. Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. and IGDRASOL Announce Presentation on Non-Biologic Nanoparticle paclitaxel (NBN-Pac) Formulations for the Treatment of Solid Tumors at the Nanomedicine 2013 Meeting in Barcelona, Spain
10. Sorrento Therapeutics Signs Exclusive Option to Acquire IGDRASOL
11. Sorrento Therapeutics Awarded Third Phase I STTR Grant